|“||Can be built into existing Walls. You and your allies can manually open and close this Gate.||”|
|—Age of Empires II description|
The Palisade Gate is a defensive structure in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten. It can be built in existing Palisade Walls to have an opportunity to let friendly units through while keeping enemies out.
Palisade Gates open automatically if a friendly unit approaches to let them through and only close again if no unit stands right under the Gate. So if own units cause the Gate to open, enemy units can also pass or keep the Gate open on purpose. To prevent that, Palisade Gates can be locked so they will not open, even to friendly units. They can be unlocked again at any time.
Further statistics[edit | edit source]
|Building strengths and weaknesses|
|Hit points||Great Wall (+30%, Chinese only)|
|Construction speed||Treadmill Crane (+20%)|
Civilization bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Byzantines: Palisade Gates have +10%/+20%/+30%/+40% HP in the Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Chinese: Technologies that benefit Palisade Gates are 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Italians: Treadmill Crane is 33% cheaper.
- Malians: Palisade Gates are 15% cheaper.
- Portuguese: Researching Treadmill Crane is 30% faster.
- Spanish: Palisade Gates are built 30% faster.
Team bonuses[edit | edit source]
- A team containing Cumans: Palisade Gates have +50% hit points.
- A team containing Malians: Researching Treadmill Crane is 80% faster.
- A team containing Mayans: Palisade Gates are 50% cheaper.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
The Forgotten[edit | edit source]
- Koreans: Palisade Gates are built 33% faster.
- Palisade Gates cost 20 wood.
- Palisade Walls have 400 HP regardless of the age.
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- (Palisade) Gate armor decreased to 0/0 while under construction.
- Palisade Gate cost increased to 30 wood.
- Fixed the issue with side parts of diagonal gates being walkable during construction.
- Koreans no longer build Palisade Gates faster.
- With update 44725, Palisade Walls now have 240 HP before the Feudal Age.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Buildings in Age of Empires II|
|House · Monastery · Wonder|
|Economic||Town Center · Dock · Fish Trap · Mill · Farm · Market · Lumber Camp · Mining Camp · Feitoria|
|Research||Blacksmith · University|
|Barracks · Archery Range · Stable · Siege Workshop · Castle · Harbor · Krepost · Donjon|
|Tower||Outpost · Watch Tower · Guard Tower · Keep · Bombard Tower|
|Wall||Palisade Wall · Stone Wall · Fortified Wall · Palisade Gate · Gate|