Disadvantages of Ox Carts are that they are vulnerable and occupy population slots. Also, as they can only be trained at the Town Center, training them takes up time that could be spent training worker units.
God Bonus Edit
- Loki reduces food and gold cost and increases speed by 50%, but reduces HP by 45%.
- Hunting Dogs
- Flood Control
- Hand Axe
- Bow Saw
- Shaft Mine
Myth Technologies Edit
- Pig Sticker (Thor) Workers gain x5 attack vs animals and gather hunted food 10% faster.
- Winter Harvest (Skadi) increases farming gather rate by 20%.
Age of Mythology Edit
- Loki's Ox Carts have +80 hit points (though the description still states that his Ox Carts are 'weaker').
The Titans Edit
- Loki's Ox Carts have -80 hit points.
"The Ox Cart is a mobile drop site that can collect Food, Wood and Gold. The Ox Cart's mobility allows the Norse cultures to gather resources swiftly and efficiently. However, the slow-moving Ox Carts count against your population cap and are very vulnerable to attack.
The Norse Ox Cart in Age of Mythology is representative of the Norse hunting and gathering lifestyle that dominated their culture until agriculture and animal husbandry became predominant. The ancient Norse ranged far from their home bases for food and raw materials because their lands were not bountiful and their climate was harsh. Later, when they turned to raiding to increase their wealth, they tended to hit quickly, gather what was available, and move on. The Ox Cart represents the transitory nature of their resource gathering."—In-game help section
|Drop Off Buildings|
|Town Center | Storehouse | Granary | Lumber Camp | Mining Camp | Ox Cart | Storage Pit|