Ornlu the Wolf is a hero animal which appears in several campaigns in Age of Empires II. He is also referenced in subsequent Ensemble Studios games. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health (since The Conquerors. His in-game appearance is the one of a regular Wolf.
Campaign appearances Edit
- He appears in the Crucible scenario, the first scenario of the Genghis Khan campaign, and the player must kill him to win the allegiance of the Uighurs.
- In La Noche Triste, the fourth scenario of the Montezuma campaign, he appears on the northeastern small island which is full of Gold Mines and Jaguars.
- In The Triple Alliance, the second scenario of the Montezuma campaign, the wolf Son of Ornlu at the hidden Monastery is technically a renamed version of Ornlu the Wolf.
- In the Vindlandsaga scenario of the Battles of the Conquerors, he attacks the player's Outpost once a Blacksmith is constructed.
Reference in other games Edit
- In Age of Mythology there is a relic called "Eye of Ornlu" along with a unique Fenris Wolf bearing his name which can only be found in the Editor.
- In Age of Empires III, the player can collect a treasure called "Eye of Ornlu". The "eye" according to the treasure's description is actually a jewel.