Ornlu the Wolf is a hero animal which appears in several campaigns in Age of Empires II. He is also referenced in subsequent Ensemble Studios games. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health (since The Conquerors). He is the only hero unit that can be controlled by Gaia and won't switch to player control when found.
Ornlu's in-game appearance is the one of a regular Wolf. Like other wolves, he switches his normal walking speed (and animation) to faster running speed when he attacks other units.
Campaign appearances Edit
- He appears in the Crucible scenario, the first scenario of the Genghis Khan campaign, and the player must kill him to win the allegiance of the Uighurs.
- In La Noche Triste, the fourth scenario of the Montezuma campaign, he appears on the northeastern small island which is full of Gold Mines and Jaguars.
- In The Triple Alliance, the second scenario of the Montezuma campaign, the wolf Son of Ornlu at the hidden Monastery is technically a renamed version of Ornlu the Wolf.
- In the Vindlandsaga scenario of the Battles of the Conquerors, he attacks the player's Outpost once a Blacksmith is constructed.
Reference in other games Edit
- In Age of Mythology there is a relic called "Eye of Ornlu" along with a unique Fenris Wolf bearing his name which can only be found in the Editor.
- In Age of Empires III, the player can collect a treasure called "Eye of Ornlu". The "eye" according to the treasure's description is actually a jewel.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.