|This article is about the unit. For the technology, see Oracle (technology).|
God bonuses and upgrades Edit
Oranos increases Oracle speed by 10%.
- Focus (Kronos): increases movement speed by 10% and LOS speed by 1 second.
- Heart of the Titans (Prometheus): reduces Food and Gold cost needed to upgrade to Oracle Hero by 20%.
- Lemurian Descendants (Theia): increases LOS by 9 meters.
While moving, the Oracle's Line of Sight is tiny, barely showing where he's walking. After he has been standing still for a while, the line of sight grows out to an extreme range, equal to that of a Tower. The Oracle's LOS increases at 0.46 meters per second while he is idle.
Oracles are not as practical as other scouts as they require to stand still for a noticeable period of time to get more knowledge of their surroundings. This leaves them vulnerable to attacks which will interrupt the increase of their LOS. Their minimal base LOS also can cause them to walk within range of threats such as enemy towers. Players are advised to use the initial three free Oracles to scout the area surrounding their base to find resources and settlements. Afterwards, Oracles can be used in suicide missions to find enemy towns. If an Oracle is killed, rather than replacing him with another Oracle, it is recommended to use a Turma to continue scouting as they have superior speed and decent LOS.
Oracle Hero Edit
Attack bonuses Edit
- Myth Units: ×3.5
- Set Animals: ×5
- Focus (Kronos): increases movement speed by 20% and LOS speed by 1 second, damage by 20%, HP by 15%
- Heroic Renewal (Hyperion): regenerates 1.5 HP per second (2.5 HP in the Extended Edition).
Turning the Oracle into a Hero makes his line of sight increase faster (0.92 meters per second) and doubles the distance. He also gains a small, almost useless hack damage attack. He will still lose to combat units and will still lose to most Myth Units as well, though he will be able to inflict some damage before dying. However upgrading to Hero has several other benefits. It doubles their maximum LOS, and they can pick up any Relics they find.