|This article is about the unit. For the technology, see Oracle (technology).|
God bonuses and upgrades
Oranos increases Oracle speed by 10%.
- Focus (Kronos): increases movement speed by 10% and LOS speed by 1 second.
- Heart of the Titans (Prometheus): reduces Food and Gold cost needed to upgrade to Oracle Hero by 20%.
- Lemurian Descendants (Theia): increases LOS by 9 meters.
While moving, the Oracle's Line of Sight is tiny, barely showing where he's walking. After he has been standing still for a while, the line of sight grows out to an extreme range, equal to that of a Tower. The Oracle's LOS increases at 0.46 meters per second while he is idle.
Oracles are not as practical as other scouts as they require to stand still for a noticeable period of time to get more knowledge of their surroundings. This leaves them vulnerable to attacks which will interrupt the increase of their LOS. Their minimal base LOS also can cause them to walk within range of threats such as enemy towers. Players are advised to use the initial three free Oracles to scout the area surrounding their base to find resources and settlements. Afterwards, Oracles can be used in suicide missions to find enemy towns. If an Oracle is killed, rather than replacing him with another Oracle, it is recommended to use a Turma to continue scouting as they have superior speed and decent LOS.
- Myth Units: ×3.5
- Set Animals: ×5
- Focus (Kronos): increases movement speed by 20% and LOS speed by 1 second,
- Heroic Renewal (Hyperion): regenerates 1.5 HP per second (2.5 HP in the Extended Edition).
Turning the Oracle into a Hero makes his line of sight increase faster (0.92 meters per second) and doubles the distance. He also gains a small, almost useless hack damage attack. He will still lose to combat units and will still lose to most Myth Units as well, though he will be able to inflict some damage before dying. However upgrading to Hero has several other benefits. It doubles their maximum LOS, and they can pick up any Relics they find.
|“||Ancient Atlanteans relied heavily on the Priest class for leadership and guidance. Oracles were priests who through a form of deep meditation could see beyond what normal sight would allow. Oracles were scouts and lookouts for Atlantean armies. It is debatable whether their great sight was granted by the Titans or the product of a deep attunement with their environment.||”|
|—In-game help section|
- The Oracle's help text seems to imply they use a form of Remote Viewing, which is an 'extrasensory perception' practice used to apparently seek impressions of a target, or target area. Much like Atlantis itself, Remote Viewing is regarded as pseudoscience.