|“||Exceptionally well-drilled ranged infantry that specializes in utilizing the advantages of different formations.||”|
The Nizam Fusilier is a ranged heavy infantry in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition that is unique to the Ottomans. It is a hybrid unit of a Skirmisher and a Musketeer, and act very distinctively when their unit stance is changed. They also have a charge attack similar to the Swedish Carolean. They can be accessed only by sending the Palace Intrigue card and researching New Order Infantry at the Mosque.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Nizam Fusiliers have similar statistics to Janissaries, which are also unique to the Ottomans. They do, however, move slightly faster than them, have different multipliers in ranged attack and different type of resistance.
They have a 20% siege resistance like Wagons, Travois and Rickshaws. This makes them much durable against artillery fire and units like Grenadiers, Abus Guns, Arsonists, and Huaracas, but also slightly vulnerable to all ranged units and melee units.
Unit formation modifications[edit | edit source]
When Nizam Fusiliers are assigned to different unit formations, their ranged attack multipliers and range changes.
- In the Volley Mode, they have 12 range, x2.0 multiplier vs Infantry.
- In the Stagger Mode, they have 12 range, x2.0 multiplier vs Artillery and Siege Units.
- In the Defend Mode, they have 12 range, x2.0 multiplier vs Cavalry and x1.6 multiplier vs Shock Infantry
- In the Stand Ground Mode, they have 15 range and no multipliers.
- In the Melee Mode, they have x2.5 vs Cavalry and x1.8 vs Shock Infantry multipliers. Their base multipliers are only x2.0 vs Cavalry and x1.5 vs Shock Infantry, This is however, increased by +0.5 vs Cavalry and +0.3 vs Shock Infantry when the New Order Infantry technology is researched.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
By using the Mosque Construction card, the unique Mosque technologies become 60% cheaper, including the ones after sending Palace Intrigue card. The New Order Infantry technology will now give 15 Nizam Fusiliers and also converts all Janissary shipments to Nizam Fusilier shipments for 1,000 wood instead of 2,500 wood. Upon reaching the Industrial Age, it is also possible to research Topcu Corps to get 3 Great Bombards for 600 food instead of 1,500 food, which becomes very powerful when combined with Nizam Fusiliers.
Special ability[edit | edit source]
- Sürat Assault: For the next 8 seconds, all Nizam Fusiliers have their speed increased by 1 but are locked into Melee Mode. 90 seconds cooldown; shared across all Nizam Fusiliers.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Veteran Nizam Fusilier (+20% hit points and attack)
- Guard Nizam Fusilier (+30% hit points and attack)
- Imperial Nizam Fusilier (+50% hit points and attack)
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- On release, Nizam Fusiliers had 20 siege damage. With update 5208, they have 25 siege damage.
- As of update 5208, revolutionary Egypt can train Nizam Fusiliers at Forts upon sending the Egyptian Army Reform card.
- With Update 20322, Nizam Fusiliers are accessible from the Commerce Age instead of the Fortress Age.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Nizam Fusilier is the only military unit with siege resistance aside from melee infantry units, which get hidden 50% siege resistance while in Cover Mode stance.