Whirlwind: uses her shark mount to take a bite out of her target, dealing 150 hack damage. Requires 15 seconds to recharge.
- Heroes ×0.5
- Myth Units ×7
God Bonuses and Upgrades
- Mythic Rejuvenation (Hekate): regenerates 2.0 hit points per second.
- Celerity (Hekate): decreases training time by 40%.
- Eyes of Atlas (Atlas): increases LOS by 9.
Although Nereids are somewhat fragile, their special attack is devastating against other naval myth units and can also sink ships with ease. Due to the fact that they are killed easily they shouldn't engage groups of ships on their own. While their special attack guarantees that they will usually sink at least one, it's generally not worth it as one ship is cheaper than a Nereid. They will need back up from ranged ships if expected to survive. They are weak against ram ships, The Argo, and Heroes, and are especially vulnerable to aerial myth units like the Phoenix and Vermilion Bird, though only ranged Heroes can attack a Nereid unless the Nereid gets too close to the shore.
Scientific name -- Nymphae thalassi
Size -- Human-sized
Diet -- Fish, sea weed
The Nereids were the fifty nymphs of the sea. Many of them had important roles in mythology. They, like most nymphs, are beautiful creatures. The Nereids were often accompanied by hosts of sea creatures in their roving. But when the gentle nymphs went into battle, they rode fierce sharks who carried their mistresses tirelessly.
- Before the Extended Edition, Nereids had the ability to enter Transport Ships, despite being naval units themselves.
- Due to a glitch, Mythic Rejuvenation has no effect on Nereids.
- The concept of the Nereids riding on Sharks was most likely based upon a description of Nereid statues located within the Temple of Poseidon in Atlantis in Critias. However, within the text, it is mentioned the statues included Dolphins, not Sharks.
|Greeks||Pegasus · Hippocampus|
|Centaur · Minotaur · Cyclops|
|Nemean Lion · Hydra · Scylla · Manticore|
|Colossus · Medusa · Carcinos · Chimera|
|Egyptians||Anubite · Serpent / Sea Snake · Sphinx · Wadjet|
|Petsuchos · Roc · Scarab · Leviathan · Scorpion Man · Minion|
|Phoenix · War Turtle · Avenger · Mummy|
|Troll · Valkyrie · Einherjar|
|Kraken · Mountain Giant · Walking Tree · Frost Giant · Battle Boar|
|Jormund Elver · Fimbulwinter Wolf · Fenris Wolf Brood · Fire Giant · Nidhogg|
|Atlanteans||Automaton · Promethean (Offspring) · Caladria · Servant · Carnivora|
|Nereid · Satyr · Stymphalian Bird · Dryad · Behemoth|
|Heka Gigantes · Man O' War · Argus · Lampades · Tartarian Spawn|
|Chinese||Qilin · Monkey King · Terracotta Warrior|
|War Salamander · Jiangshi · Pixiu|
|Azure Dragon · Dragon Turtle · Vermilion Bird · White Tiger · Earth Dragon|