Native warriors are a class of units in Age of Empires III and its expansion packs.
Native warriors can be trained by building a Trading Post on a native tribe or religious community settlement. They cost food and wood and do not take up population space, but have a build limit which can be increased by building Trading Posts on other settlements of the same native tribe or religious community. Native warriors can be upgraded to Elite and Champion levels (or Disciplined and Honored in case of religious communities), and by researching Legendary Native Warriors or Exalted Natives which upgrades them to the Legendary level (or Exalted in case of religious communities).
Spies have a x4.0 multiplier against Native warriors.
List of native warriors Edit
Age of Empires III Edit
- Aztec Eagle Warrior: Aztec infantry that flings javelins from an atlatl. Good against infantry.
- Aztec Jaguar Warrior: Aztec warrior armed with an obsidian sword.
- Carib Blowgunner: Short-ranged missile unit that fires poison darts. Good against infantry.
- Cherokee Rifleman: Cherokee skirmisher that is accurate at long range.
- Comanche Horse Archer: Comanche ranged cavalry. Good against cavalry.
- Cree Tracker: Cree rifleman with a good line of sight and long range.
- Iroquois Tomahawk: Iroquois warrior that hurls tomahawks into battle.
- Iroquois Mantlet: Iroquois short-ranged siege unit.
- Incan Huaminca: Inca infantry armed with a flexible spear. Good against cavalry.
- Incan Bolas Warrior: Inca infantry that hurls bolas for a wide area of effect.
- Lakota Axe Rider: Lakota horseman armed with an axe.
- Lakota Dog Soldier: Elite Lakota horsemen.
- Maya Holcan Spearman: Maya barbed spearmen. Good against cavalry or buildings.
- Native Scout: A Native American scout. Good for exploration, but has a weak attack.
- Nootka Clubman: Nootka warrior armed with a wooden club.
- Nootka War Chief: Elite Nootka warrior.
- Seminole Sharktooth Bowman: Ranged Native American archer with a short range and high attack.
- Tupi Blackwood Archer: Long-range, accurate native archer. Good against infantry.
The WarChiefs Edit
- Apache Cavalry: Ranged cavalry. Good against cavalry.
- Cheyenne Rider: Cheyenne horseman armed with a spear.
- Huron Mantlet: Huron short-ranged siege unit.
- Klamath Rifleman: Klamath skirmisher that is accurate to a long range.
- Mapuche Ironwood Clubman: Mapuche warrior with a large two-handed club.
- Navajo Rifleman: Stealthy Navajo skirmisher that runs quickly.
- Zapotec Lightning Warrior: Zapotec warrior armed with a shield and a sword.
The Asian Dynasties Edit
- Chakram: Sikhs that throw hoops, causing splash damage. Good against infantry and buildings.
- Conquistador: European adventurer armed with a gun and riding horseback. Good against cavalry.
- Rattan Shield: Fast Chinese warrior armed with a shield and a sword. Heavily armored and good against archers, skirmishers, and artillery.
- Sohei: Japanese warrior Monk armed with a naginata. Good against cavalry and buildings.
- Tiger Claw: Indian warrior armed with sharp claws. Good against infantry.
- War Elephant: Indian Heavy War Elephant powerful in close combat. Inflicts area damage. Good against archers and skirmishers.