|“||Ranged cavalry with a powerful grenade attack. Very effective against buildings.||”|
The Mounted Granadero is a revolutionary outlaw in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition that are unique to Argentina and can be trained at the Stable, Tavern, Fort, and Galleon once the "Granaderos" Home City Card is sent. It is a lesser, mounted Grenadier.
Mounted Granadero is a combination of the mobility of a cavalry and the AOE attack of a Grenadier. In comparison with Grenadiers:
- Granaderos are cheaper (costing 120 food).
- Granaderos have more hit points, higher resistance to ranged attacks, and higher speed.
- Granaderos have lower siege attack.
- Granaderos do not benefit from the "Grenade Launchers" Home City Card, but benefits from Folk Heroes.
As Mounted Granaderos are unique to Argentina, only technologies that their base European civilizations have access to are shown in the following table:
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Heavy cavalry, artillery|
|Weak vs.||Heavy infantry, ranged infantry, light cavalry|
|Hit points|| Folk Heroes (+20%)|
Comanche Horse Breeding (+10%)
Cree Tanning (+5%)
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
|Attack|| Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+10%)|
Folk Heroes (+20%)
Smokeless Powder (+30% siege attack)
Incendiary Grenades (+15% siege attack and +1 AOE)
|Sight|| Town Watch (+2)|
Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+2)
|Speed|| Comanche Mustangs (+10%)|
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Creation speed|| Mass Cavalry (-35%)|
Folk Heroes (-50%)
Cheyenne Horse Trading (-25%)
Incan Chasquis Messengers (-25%)
Home City Cards
As Mounted Granaderos are unique to Argentina, only their base European civilizations' cards and other civilizations' TEAM cards are shown in the following tables (for the base civilization, non-TEAM cards will only be applied if they are sent before revolting):
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Mounted Granadero|
- With update 23511, the Mounted Granadero is tagged as outlaw.
- The Mounted Granadero has 50% ranged resistance.
The African Royals
- With update 38254, Mounted Granaderos have 40% ranged resistance and is tagged as light cavalry.
- With update 47581, the Mounted Granadero is tagged as heavy cavalry.
The Mounted Granadero speaks Spanish using the Spanish Hussar's dialogue files.
- The Mounted Granaderos were incorrectly announced as "Granaderos" in the release day changelog page. However, since the Definitive Edition beta the unit has been called Mounted Granadero, and simply name it "Granadero" could cause confusion in players that play the game with the Spanish language, as the Grenadier's translation for that language is Granadero.
- The Mounted Granaderos resemble the Horse Grenadiers of the Argentines from the mod Wars of Liberty and Württembergian Horse Grenadiers from Napoleonic Era, which are also good against heavy infantry and buildings.
The Regimiento de Granaderos a Caballo ("Regiment of Mounted Grenadiers") is a historic regiment of the Argentinian Army who fought during the Argentine War of Independence under José de San Martín and later the Cisplatine War before becoming a presidential guard regiment in 1825 and disbanded one year later.
Contrary to their name, Mounted Grenadiers use sabers and lances rather than grenades; as with most "grenadier" units, their name actually referred to an elite corps rather than the weapon, which had been phased out.