|This article is about the building in Age of Empires II. For the building in Age of Mythology, see Mining Camp (Age of Mythology).|
“Used to deposit stone and gold and research stone-gathering and gold-gathering improvements.”—Age of Empires II description
Tactics and placement Edit
It is advantageous always to build Mining Camps near Stone Mines or Gold Mines so that the player's Villagers will be able to transport the resources to the Mining Camp quickly. Leaving one tile of space between the Mine and the Mining Camp will optimize the gathering speed if there are at least three Villagers working on that Mining Camp.
Mining Camps can be built in Dark Age already but they do not need to be built at this point unless the player needs to gather gold or stone to perform certain tactics early in the game. A Dark Age rush with Militia will require extra gold for the Militia. A Monk rush requires a lot of gold in the Castle Age and if the player uses that strategy it is advised to start mining gold (or stone in the Saracens' case) in the Dark Age already. A tower rush on the other hand requires stone in the early Feudal Age and therefore stone should be gathered in the Dark Age already if that is the chosen strategy.
Clicking on the icon links to the corresponding page.
Further statistics Edit
|Building strengths and weaknesses|
|Hit points|| Masonry (+10%)|
|Armor|| Masonry (+1/+1, +3 building armor)|
Architecture (+1/+1, +3 building armor)
|Line of Sight|| Town Watch (+4)|
Town Patrol (+4)
|Conversion defense|| Faith|
|Construction speed||Treadmill Crane (+20%)|
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Burmese: Researching Faith is 50% cheaper.
- Byzantines: Mining Camps have +10%/+20%/+30%/+40% HP in the Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age. Town Watch is free.
- Chinese: Technologies that benefit Mining Camps and Mining Camp technologies are 10%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Japanese: Mining Camps are 50% cheaper.
- Malians: Mining Camps are 15% cheaper. Gold Mining is free.
- Persians: Researching Town Watch and Town Patrol is 10%/15%/20% faster in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Spanish: Mining Camps are built 30% faster.
Team bonuses Edit
The Age of Kings Edit
- Mining Camps always have 1,000 HP.
The Conquerors Edit
- Heresy introduced.
The Forgotten Edit
- Mining Camp HP staggered: 600/800/1,000/1,000 in the Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
The African Kingdoms Edit
- Malians: Gold Shaft Mining is free.
Rise of the Rajas Edit
“Mining continued throughout the Middle Ages, especially for iron, salt, copper, tin, gold, coal, and silver. The invention of gunpowder greatly increased demand for sulfur and saltpeter. By 500 AD, valuable surface deposits were rare and mines had to be driven into the earth. The desire to improve mining productivity and safety led to many important technology improvements. Early tramways for pulling ore carts out of mines foreshadowed railroads of the future. The demand for more powerful mine shaft pumps to pull out water and push in fresh air eventually led to steam engines.”
|Buildings in Age of Empires II|
|House · Monastery · Wonder|
|Economy||Town Center · Dock · Fish Trap · Mill · Farm · Market · Lumber Camp · Mining Camp · Feitoria|
|Research||Blacksmith · University|
|Barracks · Archery Range · Stable · Siege Workshop · Castle · Harbor · Krepost|
|Towers||Outpost · Watch Tower · Guard Tower · Keep · Bombard Tower|
|Walls||Palisade Wall · Stone Wall · Fortified Wall · Palisade Gate · Gate|