The Mapuche are a Native American tribe featured in Age of Empires III, introduced in The WarChiefs expansion. Like all natives, they can be allied with by building a Trading Post at their Trading Post site.
- Mapuche Ironwood Clubman: Mapuche warrior with a large two-handed club.
- Mapuche Bolas Rider: Mapuche ranged cavalry who hurls bolas to slow down enemies and inflict splash damage. Good against cavalry. (Definitive Edition onwards)
Mapuche improvements focus on increasing coin reserves and anti-building attacks.
|Mapuche Ad-mapu||250 wood
|All units cost -10% coin|
|Mapuche Tactics||200 food
|Melee infantry get +50% siege attack|
|Mapuche Treaty of Quillin||225 food
|Ships 100 coin for every 2 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes|
The Mapuche language, Mapudungun, is an isolated language (not related to any language).
- Select 1 Makmo
- Select 2 Chem? - What?
- Move 1 Kümel - Alright"/Move
- Attack 1 Yafün - Strength!/Attack!
|“||The Mapuche lived in the modern-day countries of Argentina and Chile and were among that region's first settlers. Hunting, gathering, and small farm plots where they cultivated crops such as potatoes provided most of their food. The Mapuche typically lived in small, widespread communities oriented around family units. Their homes, known as rukas, were wooden huts with thatched roofs. In times of war, the Mapuche would band together for protection in larger groups and choose a “toqui” as leader.|
The relative stability the Mapuche lived in for centuries was shattered by the encroach of the Spanish during the sixteenth century. The Spanish believed they could easily conquer the Mapuche and their lands. They were mistaken.
The Mapuche were fierce warriors, skilled with the hand axe, and consistently battled back the Spanish. After more than a century of warfare, the Spanish admitted defeat and signed a treaty granting the Mapuche rights to their own lands.
- In the expansion mod Age of Empires II HD: The American World, the Mapuche are a eligible civilization along with three other new Native American civilizations: Diaguitas, Anazasis and Taínos.