Maghrebi Camels (Maghrabi Camels before the Definitive Edition) is a technology in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms that is unique to the Berbers and can be researched at the Castle once the Imperial Age is reached. Once researched, it causes Camel Riders and Camel Archers to regenerate 15 hit points per minute.
Maghrebi Camels works similarly to the regeneration ability of the Berserks, allowing Berber Camel Riders and Camel Archers to last longer on the field without Monk support. With that said, however, it is still prudent to back them up with some healers as soon as possible as the hit point regeneration speed is still rather slow for the Camel troops to be completely independent of Monks.
Berber Camel Riders and Camel Archers become better raiding units through the application of Maghrebi Camels.
The African Kingdoms
- The technology is named Maghrabi Camels.
- The technology is named Maghrebi Camels.
- Maghrab or Maghreb is the Arabic name for the northwest part of Africa (generally including modern day Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and sometimes Libya). So, Maghrebi Camels literally can be defined as "the camels from Maghreb region". It also means West, as in direction.
- The technology also affects (non-converted) Mamelukes, which cannot be trained by Berbers.
- Despite update 56005 giving Berbers (as well as other Middle-Eastern civilizations) Trade Carts drawn by camels, this technology has no effect on them.