|This article is about the technology in Age of Empires II. For the technology in Age of Empires, see Leather Armor Archers.|
Leather Archer Armor is a technology in Age of Empires II that can be researched at the Blacksmith once the Castle Age is reached. Once researched, it increases the armor and pierce armor of all archers by +1.
Leather Archer Armor is available to all civilizations except for the Burmese.
Ring Archer Armor is the further upgrade of this technology.
- Bulgarians: Leather Archer Armor costs 50% less food.
- Chinese: Leather Archer Armor is 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Koreans: Leather Archer Armor is free.
- Portuguese: Researching Leather Archer Armor is 30% faster.
- Spanish: Leather Archer Armor costs no gold.
- A team containing Bulgarians: Researching Leather Archer Armor is faster.
- Bulgarians: With update 42848, Leather Archer Armor costs 50% less food.
- Koreans: With update 42848, Leather Archer Armor is free.
- Bulgarians: Initially, Blacksmiths work 50% faster. With update 42848, Blacksmiths work 80% faster.
- Portuguese: With update 42848, all technologies are researched 30% faster.
|“||Padded armor for light troops was improved with an outer layer of leather over the cloth padding. Leather was light and flexible but provided more protection than simple cloth.||”|