Attack Bonuses Edit
- Villagers: x1.5
Bonuses & Improvements Edit
- Medium Khopesh Swordsmen, Heavy Khopesh Swordsmen, and Champion Khopesh Swordsmen increase attack by 10% and LOS by 1, and increase hit points by 10%, 15% and 20% respectively.
- Levy Barracks and Conscript Barracks decrease training time by 20%.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail and Iron Mail decrease hack vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
Some may consider the Khopesh Swordsman as being the first "true" trash unit in Age of Mythology due to its status as a weak infantry, that is only useful versus Villagers. If one does use them in combat, it is suggested that they be supplemented with Spearmen and/or Axemen.
"With up to 24 inches in length, Khopesh is an ancient sword-like weapon with a curved end that comes from ancient Egypt. It is believed to have evolved from battle axes but despite its fierce appearance, the weapon's inside edge at the tip was blunted, thereby enabling the weapon to be used also as a hook or a club. Khopesh may also have served as a ceremonial weapon, in which case none of its edges would be sharpened."—In-game history section
- Despite the name, the Khopesh Swordsman actually uses a Shortsword
- The Khopesh's attack animation is not properly animated that, they attack with a punch holding the sword rather than a proper thrust, this is most likely an error with the attachpoint not facing the correct way.