Attack bonuses Edit
- Arrow Ship Cladding increases hit points by 20%, attack by 10% and range by 4.
- Funeral Barge (Osiris) doubles attack against other cultures' arrow ships.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Burning Pitch gives +15% attack and triple damage to buildings.
- Conscript Sailors decreases training time by 20%.
- Heroic Fleet (Titans Expansion) increases attack vs myth units by 50%.
Arrow Ships are critical in gaining control of water as they are the only warship available in the Classical Age. They are also effective at sinking enemy transports. Once in the Heroic Age, however, they will need support from other warships in order to be effective. They deal bonus damage against Hammer Ships and Transport Ships. However, Siege Ships will destroy them easily. Siege weapons or naval/amphibious myth units like the Azure Dragon are also a large threat.
King Sahure of the Fifth Century is credited with establishing the first Egyptian navy. The ships were constructed in the city of Byblos, by Phoenicians who were the finest known shipbuilders. Like many Egyptian ships, these galleys could be sailed down the Nile and rowed back the other direction. Their 18 oars gave the Egyptian warships good manoeuvrability, particularly over the non-rowed warships of Egyptian enemies, such as the "Sea Peoples." Egyptian galleys were equipped with rams, but combat typically consisted of boarding or archer fire. Egyptian ships had high bulwarks to protect against enemy missiles, and their own archers were trained in naval combat.