|This article is about the unit in Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon. For other uses of the term, see Junk.|
- Arrow Ship Cladding increases HP by 20%, attack by 10% and range by 4.
- Pillar of the Ocean increases HP by 15%.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Burning Pitch gives +15% attack and triple damage to buildings.
- Conscript Sailors decreases training time by 20%.
- Heroic Fleet increases attack vs myth units by 50%.
- Ancient Destroyer increases movement speed by 15%.
- East Sea reduces wood and gold cost by 20%.
Tale of the Dragon
- Initially, Junks have 330 hit points. With patch 2.4, they have 310 hit points.
The oldest references to the Chinese sailing vessel known as the “junk” date back to the Han Dynasty (220 BCE-200 CE), although it is generally believed that the junk was in use even earlier. The term “junk” has many origins, including roots in the Portuguese “junco,” the French “junque,” the Dutch “jonk,” the Malay “jon,” and the Javanese “djong.” The junk is identified by its high stern, projecting bow, and square linen sails. The sails are spread and contracted in an action similar to that of collapsible Venetian blinds. Instead of a keel, the junk has a large rudder. Junks were integral in Chinese trade and exploration up until the nineteenth century.