- Regenerates hit points as it damages enemy units, just like the Norse Troll (1 HP / 4 damage dealt).
- Has a recharging special slashing-attack which does greater-than-normal damage and recovers hit points faster (1 HP / 1 damage dealt). Recharge: 16 seconds.
- Myth Unit ×3
- Hero ×0.5
- Life Drain (Zhong Kui): increases special attack damage by 50%.
Jiangshis are strong in combat as a Heroic Age Myth Unit and well suited for buffing the strength of an army. Their armor is fairly low but their ability to steal hit points from their target increases their durability. Players may choose to command their Jiangshi into taking out a couple of enemy units and then direct them into attacking enemy buildings. Interestingly, their ability to steal hit points also works on buildings, meaning they can quickly heal themselves without taking damage and then resume fighting enemy units. If the enemy responds, players should make the most of their high speed and have them retreat to a safer area as concentrated attacks, especially from heroes, will quickly take out Jiangshis. Thankfully they are fairly easy to replace as they cost wood, a resource that's easier to obtain than food or gold in the Heroic Age.
Tale of the Dragon
- Initially, Jiangshis cost 20 favor and have a special recharge time of 12 seconds. With patch 2.7, they cost 25 favor and have a special recharge time of 16 seconds.
|“||Original Name -- Jiangshi|
Size -- 6 ft tall
Diet -- The qi of all living creatures
Jiangshi, sometimes called a hopping zombie, was known throughout ancient China as a reanimated corpse that would hunt and seek all living creatures in an attempt to kill them and harvest their qi, loosely translated as "life force".
The nickname hopping zombie was assigned to the phenomenon due to the corpse being too stiff to bend any of its limbs and thus resorting to jumping with arms outstretched.
|—In-game history section|
- The Tale of the Dragon setting is Pre-Xia Dynasty, or Qin dynasty when the Terracotta Warrior appears, but the Jiangshi is dressed in Qing Dynasty clothes, just like Jiangshis in other media.
|Greeks||Pegasus · Hippocampus|
|Centaur · Minotaur · Cyclops|
|Nemean Lion · Hydra · Scylla · Manticore|
|Colossus · Medusa · Carcinos · Chimera|
|Egyptians||Anubite · Serpent / Sea Snake · Sphinx · Wadjet|
|Petsuchos · Roc · Scarab · Leviathan · Scorpion Man · Minion|
|Phoenix · War Turtle · Avenger · Mummy|
|Troll · Valkyrie · Einherjar|
|Kraken · Mountain Giant · Walking Tree · Frost Giant · Battle Boar|
|Jormund Elver · Fimbulwinter Wolf · Fenris Wolf Brood · Fire Giant · Nidhogg|
|Atlanteans||Automaton · Promethean (Offspring) · Caladria · Servant · Carnivora|
|Nereid · Satyr · Stymphalian Bird · Dryad · Behemoth|
|Heka Gigantes · Man O' War · Argus · Lampades · Tartarian Spawn|
|Chinese||Qilin · Monkey King · Terracotta Warrior|
|War Salamander · Jiangshi · Pixiu|
|Azure Dragon · Dragon Turtle · Vermilion Bird · White Tiger · Earth Dragon|