Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|“||Resilient Javanese rebel armed with a spiked bamboo spear to defeat cavalry.||”|
The Javanese Spearman is a revolutionary melee heavy infantry in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition that is available to Indonesia and can be trained at the Barracks, Fort, and Wokou Junk once the Indonesian revolution is researched.
- They cost 100 food
- They have the higher hitpoints of Halberdiers (200)
- They have the higher speed movement (5) but worse attack of Pikemen (8 with x5 against cavalry)
- Different from both, they have a ranged resistance instead of melee of 30%
- The depiction of the Javanese Spearman and the Chinese/Japanese Sentry using a bamboo spear is anachronistic. The bamboo spear is used only during and after World War 2, after the fashion of the Japanese takeyari, a bamboo spear used to repel airdropped troops. Javanese troops historically used iron-headed spears measuring 12-14 feet, with great dexterity.
- Isnaeni, Hendri F. (2014). Half Myth of Sharp Bamboo. https://historia.id/politik/articles/setengah-mitos-bambu-runcing-vgJ0D/page/1. Accessed 13 February 2021.
- Crawfurd, John (1856). A Descriptive Dictionary of the Indian Islands and Adjacent Countries. Bradbury and Evans. p. 177.
- Egerton W. (1880). An Illustrated Handbook of Indian Arms. W. H. Allen. p. 98.