The Iroquois Warrior is an untrainable fast infantry unit in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, with stats identical to the Woad Raider. It appears in the Vinlandsaga scenario under the name "Algonquin Warrior", replacing the Skraelings' Woad Raiders from The Conquerors, and is also available in the Scenario Editor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Iroquois Warrior's right axe has a peace pipe on the back.
- The Iroquois (Haudenosaunee in the Definitive Edition) are a playable civilization in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs. The Iroquois Warrior fighting with two axes resembles the Tomahawk, the Iroquois basic Infantry in that game, though the Tomahawk is ranged unlike the former.
- It is possible that the Iroquois League existed during Age of Empires II's timeframe, since foundation dates between 1142 and 1450 AD have been proposed based on oral history. However, most archaeologists favor dates after 1450, sometimes as late as 1660.
- Though the Skraelings' lack of metal is explicitly referenced, the Iroquois Warrior's axes are made of iron, which the Iroquois adopted from Europeans. Their main melee weapons before contact were wooden ball clubs and flint axes. The natives of eastern North America also used body armor and shields made of wood and leather before iron arrowheads and muskets rendered them obsolete.
- The real Skraelings were a proto-Inuit people, rather than an Algonquin people.
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Scenario Editor units in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Cobra Car · Heavy Swordsman · Junk · King|
|Furious the Monkey Boy · Genitour (infantry) · Horse|
|Alfred the Alpaca · Amazon Archer · Amazon Warrior · Camel (Gaia) · Canoe · Centurion · Donkey · Dragon Ship · Eastern Swordsman · Flamethrower · Heavy Pikeman · Legionary · Norse Warrior · Penguin · Relic Cart · Royal Janissary|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Rise of the Rajas|
|The Last Khans (Definitive Edition)|
|Bandit · Iroquois Warrior · Khan · Merchant · Ninja · Ox Cart · Ox Wagon|