|“||Ships 4 Young Guard Grenadiers from the motherland.||”|
Imperial Young Guard is a technology in Age of Empires III that is unique to the French and can be researched at the Church once the Edict of Nantes Home City Card has been sent. Once researched, 4 Grenadiers named Young Guard will appear in the Home City shipment point.
Imperial Young Guard, along with its further upgrades Imperial Middle Guard and Imperial Old Guard, is the only way for the French to acquire Grenadiers. In the Definitive Edition, however, the French can train Grenadiers once the "Grenade Launchers" Home City Card is sent. Researching Imperial Guard technologies will effectively upgrade the Grenadiers to Veteran and Guard levels automatically along with automatically adding the Incendiary Grenades technology.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Age of Empires III[edit | edit source]
- The technology is named Garde Imperial 1
- The technology is researchable in the Commerce Age (Colonial Age before the Definitive Edition)
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- The technology is renamed Imperial Young Guard
- The technology is made researchable from the Fortress Age. With update 23511, this change is reverted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The French Expeditionary Company, available for the Chinese and the Indians in The Asian Dynasties through the Consulate by allying with the French, includes 4 Young Guards. Unlike the French version however, the Consulate version is automatically upgraded in every Age.
|Unique Church/Mosque technologies in Age of Empires III|
|Age of Empires III|
|British||Thin Red Line · The Black Watch · Roger's Rangers|
|Dutch||Coffee Trade · Waardgelders · Blue Guards|
|French||Code Napoleon · Imperial Young Guard · Imperial Middle Guard · Imperial Old Guard|
|Germans||Tilly's Discipline · Wallenstein's Contracts · Zweihander|
|John Black's Mercenaries||Indian Friendship · Customized Merc Weapons|
|Knights of St. John||Corselet · Tax Burden · High Crusade|
|Ottomans||New Order Infantry* · Tufanci Corps · Topcu Corps|
|Portuguese||Encomienda Manor · Besteiros · Order of the Tower and the Sword|
|Russians||Westernization · Kalmucks · Petrine Reforms · Bashkir Ponies|
|Spanish||Corselet · Royal Alabarderos · Wild Geese|
|Swedes||Push of Pike* · Savolax Jaegers* · Gustavian Guards*|
|United States||Grand Encampment · American Patriots|
|* added in the Definitive Edition|
|All of the listed technologies require the Royal Decree Home City Cards unique for each civilization|