Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Hotfix 45185 is a patch in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, released on February 11, 2021.
Game[edit | edit source]
Stability and performance[edit | edit source]
- Updated how GPU and CPU resources are consumed when running the game. When Vsync is disabled, the FPS will be capped at the monitor's refresh rate rather than drawing upon all available resources.
- Placing a horizontal or vertical gate on top of a Villager will no longer crash the game (Placing an angled gate will continue to not crash the game).
- Fixed an out-of-sync error when spectating a game with the fog of war disabled.
- Fixed an animation hitch when advancing from one Age to the next.
- Fixed a crash when constructing a Stable while the chat narrator is enabled and the game language is set to French.
- Fixed a crash when starting any game as the Sicilians or Burgundians while using the "Shuffle" music playlist.
- Fixed a spectator crash when counting the number of idle Villagers.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Updated the Sicilian civilization tooltip to clarify that Serjeants are only able to build and repair Donjons, and cannot (as was improperly stated) repair buildings, siege units, and ships.
- Added missing map icons in the Quick Play menu for the five new maps added to the game via update 44725.
- The tech tree now displays the correct hit point values of units and buildings.
- Corrected the tech tree tooltips of the unique units for several civilizations.
- Improved the legibility of tech tree text for the two new civilizations: the Burgundians and Sicilians.
- Fixed the truncation of certain text strings throughout the Lords of the West campaigns.
- Fixed the date and timestamp of news events displayed in-game.
- The notification when player complete an event challenge now scales more appropriately when it contains longer text strings.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Villagers will no longer fight back against Feudal Age Scout Cavalry or Castle Age Eagle Scouts when not ordered to do so.
- Villagers will now automatically move to finish nearby buildings placed in the fog of war when finished with their current project.
- Building foundations can once again be placed over unexplored areas as long as it includes some area that has been explored. Note that the player will still be restricted from placing foundations in fully-unexplored areas of the map.
- Building foundations can no longer begin construction if overlapping other structures or foundations that aren't within a player's line of sight.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Turtle Ships and Mangonels from dealing their intended damage, and some secondary projectiles from dealing any damage in certain circumstances. This fix should also ensure that Ballista Elephants can cut through forests, as intended.
- Fixed an issue which would prevent the construction of Gates due to a failed obstruction check, despite there being no obstructions.
- Defeated players can no longer launch surprise attacks with garrisoned units while spectating the remainder of their match.
Civilization balance[edit | edit source]
Burgundians[edit | edit source]
- Coustillier: Reduced charge damage from +35 > +25.
- Elite Coustillier: Reduced charge damage from +40 > +30.
- Coustillier [Standard & Elite]: No longer deals double damage against units with the 'Archer' armor class.
Sicilians[edit | edit source]
- On Nomad-style maps, the first Town Center to be built no longer benefits from the Sicilian construction speed bonus.
- The civilization's resistance to bonus damage is no longer applied to siege weapons.
- Serjeants can no longer construct Donjons in the Battle Royale game mode.
- First Crusade: Reduced the number of Serjeants spawned per Town Center from 10 > 7.
- Scutage: Now awards gold to each ally based on the size of their own military rather than the military count of the researching player.
Lobbies and matchmaking[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue which would prevent the sending of messages after finding a Quick Play match.
Localization[edit | edit source]
- Added localized text for the countdown timer that appears in the Attila the Hun 4 (A Barbarian Betrothal) scenario.
- Fixed instances where the objective text would not display localized variants during The Grand Dukes of the West 2 (The Wolf and the Lion) campaign scenario.
- Updated the legibility of certain diacritics on the e and i letters which were difficult to read.
- CN: Updated the names of the Lords of the West campaigns to display the proper headers on the Western Europe selection screen.
- DE: Updated the names of the Lords of the West campaigns to appear visually consistent with other campaign titles.
- FR: Added missing translations to the Sicilian history page.
- IT: Fixed a mismatched text and audio line in the outro cinematic of the The Grand Dukes of the West 1 (A Kingdom Divided) campaign scenario.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.