Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Hotfix 43210 is a patch in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, released on November 24, 2020.
Game[edit | edit source]
Stability and performance[edit | edit source]
- Implemented fixes for the situation where a player experiencing a performance spike in later stages of the game would cause degradation in animation smoothness for the remainder of the match. Note that this does not fix all lag issues everywhere: as individual PC performance, match settings (i.e. high pop, high participant games), and the random turmoil of internet gremlins can still have an adverse affect on the playability of the game.
- The game will no longer crash if the ranked queue pops while viewing the tech tree.
- Likewise, the game will no longer black-screen if a match drops or fails to connect while viewing the tech tree.
- The game UI no longer freezes when the "Failed to Join Match" modal pops while the Select Civilization menu is open.
- The game UI no longer freezes when the the UGC warning appears while the Select Civilization menu is open.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the game to hard-lock when a player disconnected on the victory or defeat screen.
- Fixed an uncommon crash when queuing to join a Battle Royale Quick Play game.
- Implemented several additional fixes for uncommon crashes.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Added the new Battle Royale option to the Game Mode filter in the Lobby Browser.
- Halved the animation time of the new UI windows and confirmation prompts within the game.
- Unique Unit icons have been added to each civilization on the Select Civilization screen playing in non-English languages.
- Fixed an issue where using the arrow keys or tab to cycle through the Select Civilization menu would fail to update the details of the currently-selected civilization.
- Fixed an issue where the "Lobby Full" popup would constantly reappear after inviting a user to a lobby that subsequently fills.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent a player's selected civilization from showing up on the match loading screen.
Settings[edit | edit source]
- Added menu narration to the tooltip text for each civilization on the Select Civilization screen.
- Added menu narration to the new Quick Play screen elements.
- Added menu narration to the Respond buttons in the Pending Invitations modal.
- Added menu narration to the Accept and Decline buttons in the Clan Requests menu.
- Added menu narration to the Close (X) button on the Yes/No dialogue that appears when exiting the queue.
- The narrator now reads the title and tooltips of the Settings Cog, Invites, and Profile UI elements on the home screen.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Monks can no longer be used to cheat death in the Battle Royale game mode.
- Fixed an issue where the object named "Invisible object that keeps player alive" would, contrary to its purpose, slowly inflict death upon nearby player units and buildings. This affected a number of custom maps and scenarios.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to remove a technology from the global queue would result in units being removed instead.
Campaign[edit | edit source]
- In timed scenarios, the bronze medal timer is now properly displayed when the silver medal timer expires.
Civilization balance[edit | edit source]
Burmese[edit | edit source]
- Arambai: The increased reload time added in the November Update now only applies to non-elite Arambai, as intended. So, the reload time of Elite Arambai is 2.0 and 2.2 for non-elite Arambai.
Lobbies and matchmaking[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue which could prevent game invitations from displaying properly for the receiving user.
- Restored games will now populate the invite list with the players that were in the original game rather than the full list of players who cannot join the game.
- Advanced game settings will no longer be displayed and configurable in Restored Game lobbies.
Localization[edit | edit source]
- Added the missing translation text for an objective in The Falcon's Nest (Pachacuti 4) scenario.
- Spanish (ES-ES, ES-MX): Corrected several percentage numbers which displayed the incorrect values when using the Spanish or Latin American Spanish languages.
- French (FR-FR): Updated the description of the Saracen archer bonus to clarify that it affects only archers, not cavalry archers.
- German (DE-DE): Updated the Magyar civilization description to clarify that a Blacksmith is not needed to benefit from the free Forging, Iron Casting, and Blast Furnace technologies.
Modding[edit | edit source]
- SHIFT+Clicking the Priority Up and Priority Down buttons will now, once again, allow players to quickly prioritize the selected mods as the highest and lowest priority, respectively.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.