|This article is about the game mode in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. For other uses, see Historical Battles.|
The Historical Battles in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition are a series of sixteen unrelated scenarios linked to the Africa campaign page (although none take place in Africa).
These scenarios are a combination of those belonging to the Battles of the Conquerors and the Battles of the Forgotten in previous versions of the game, with some scenarios having been reworked. Langshan Jiang is replaced with the similar Lake Poyang.
Note that, unlike with most campaigns in Age of Empires II, the scenarios in this campaign are all unlocked for play.
- Bukhara (557) (Persians, Yellow) depicts the Battle of Bukhara.
- Dos Pilas (648) (Mayans, Cyan) depicts Calakmul's attack on the town of Dos Pilas.
- Tours (732) (Franks, Red) depicts the Battle of Tours.
- York (865) (Vikings, Red) depicts the raid of Britain by the Great Heathen Army, led by the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok.
- Honfoglalás (895) (Magyars, Cyan) depicts the Hungarian conquest of the Carpathian Basin.
- Vinlandsaga (1000) (Vikings, Red) depicts the Vinland sagas.
- Hastings (1066) (Franks, Blue) depicts the Battle of Hastings.
- Manzikert (1071) (Turks, Purple) depicts the Battle of Manzikert.
- Kurikara (1183) (Japanese, Blue) depicts the Battle of Kurikara.
- Cyprus (1191) (Britons, Red) depicts Richard the Lionheart's invasion of Cyprus during the Third Crusade.
- Bapheus (1302) (Turks, Red) depicts the Battle of Bapheus.
- Lake Poyang (1363) (Chinese, Blue) depicts the Battle of Lake Poyang.
- Agincourt (1415) (Britons, Red) depicts the Battle of Agincourt.
- Lepanto (1571) (Spanish, Red) depicts the Battle of Lepanto.
- Kyoto (1582) (Japanese, Cyan) depicts the Battle of Yamazaki.
- Noryang Point (1598) (Koreans, Red) depicts the Battle of Noryang.