Marc Antony is a hero unit available in the Scenario Editor and the campaign mode in Age of Empires. This unit has the appearance of a Short Swordsman, but is nearly five times more powerful. He is an infantry unit and the stats can be upgraded as with a normal unit trained from the Barracks.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Bronze Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Logistics: Decreases population usage by 1/2.
- Metallurgy: Increases attack by 3 points.
- Chain Mail: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Iron Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Tower Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
Civilization Bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Romans: Hero Marc Antony attacks +33% faster.
- Macedonians: Hero Marc Antony is four times more resistant against conversion.
History[edit | edit source]
This unit is historically based on a Roman general with the same name who fought in the battle of Actium with Cleopatra. He is a relative of Julius Caesar and is also a relative of Octavion (Augustus). Octavion eventually became his enemy shortly after when Antony went to Egypt to visit his "girlfriend" and planned to make her the "queen of Rome." This angered the Roman senate and the War of Actium shortly began. At this point in history, Egypt was not a Roman province.
|Heroes in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Villagers||Corlis · Hersifon|
|Infantry||Jason · Xerxes|
|Cavalry||Alexander · Hector · Tiberius · Vercingetorix|
|Priests||Amon Ra · Mor Havoc|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Cavalry||Caesar · Hannibal · Scipio|
|Other||Cleopatra's Barge · Mirror Tower · Zenobia's Tower|
|Infantry||Chieftain · Lord Martek · Ajax · Pericles · Xanthippus · Achilles|
|Archers||Prince Shotoku · Odysseus · Ramesses · Xu Fu|
|Cavalry||General · Hero · Muwatalli · Paris|
|Priests||Pharaoh · High Priest|