Herbal Medicine is a technology in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors that can be researched at the Monastery. Once researched, it increases the healing speed of garrisoned units by %, so they heal times as fast. With Herbal Medicine, towers and Town Centers heal HP per minute, and Castles and Kreposts heal twice as fast, at HP per minute. If allied units are garrisoned inside a building, the owner of the building must research Herbal Medicine for it to take effect, not the owner of the units.
Herbal Medicine can increase the longevity of troops noticeably. Damaged and worn-down armies can retreat into Castles and towers, provide covering fire, and then emerge refreshed.
- Aztecs: Herbal Medicine gives Monks +5 HP.
- Burmese: Herbal Medicine is 50% cheaper.
- Chinese: Herbal Medicine is 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Portuguese: Researching Herbal Medicine is 30% faster.
- Teutons: Herbal Medicine is .
- Lithuanians: Researching Herbal Medicine is 20% faster.
- Herbal Medicine increases the healing speed of buildings by +300%.
- Herbal Medicine costs 350 gold.
- Teutons: Cannot research Herbal Medicine.
- Herbal Medicine increases the healing speed of buildings by +500%.
- Portuguese: With update 42848, all technologies are researched 30% faster.
- Teutons: Herbal Medicine added to the technology tree. As a new civilization bonus it is free.
Dawn of the Dukes
|“||Although classical societies advanced the studies of anatomy and physiology, prior to the scientific and industrial revolutions of the 18th and 19th centuries, medicine was an inexact science built on practical knowledge. First oral traditions and then written accounts passed down remedies and procedures that had been discovered through experience. The principal agent of healing was herbal medicine, the application or digestion of herbal compounds whose curative powers had been discovered through experiment. The presence of specialists in herbal medicine within a Middle Ages town or village was a boon to the inhabitants’ quality of life.||”|
|—The Conquerors manual|