The Heavy Transport is available to all civilizations.
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Carthaginians: Heavy Transports are 25% faster.
- Macedonians: Heavy Transports are four times more resistant to conversion.
- Minoans: Heavy Transports cost 30% less wood.
- Yamato: Heavy Transports have 25% more HP.
- The Heavy Transport is not available to the Assyrians, Babylonians, Choson, Hittites, Palmyrans, Shang, and Sumerians.
Definitive Edition Edit
- All civilizations have access to the Heavy Transport.
"Ships built for carrying military units replaced smaller galleys when armies grew larger and targets became more valuable and better defended. It became necessary to move ever-larger armies for invasion, and to bring siege engines and supplies along for extended sieges of coastal cities. The Heavy Transport represents a larger sailing ship, something like a Merchant Ship, built mainly for capacity at the expense of speed."—The Age of Empires manual
|Units in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Archers||Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · War Elephant|
|Siege||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaught|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|