|“||The leader of your Tribe. Possesses many powerful bonuses and abilities. Explores, fights, builds Town Centers and Trading Posts.||”|
The Haudenosaunee War Chief (Iroquois War Chief before the Definitive Edition) is a ranged infantry hero in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs. He explores uncharted areas of the map and has some special abilities to help himself and his tribe. In standard random map games, the Haudenosaunee start with a Haudenosaunee War Chief.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Haudenosaunee War Chief increases the hit points of friendly units in a radius of 24 around him by ; in the Definitive Edition, the "High Chief" Home City Card also makes his aura increases the hit points of friendly buildings by 5%. As all War Chiefs do, he can convert Treasure Guardians, detect stealth units, claim Treasures and build Town Centers and Trading Posts. Like other explorer-type units, the Haudenosaunee War Chief will collapse instead of dying and can be rescued once he recovers enough health, although the War Chief Ceremony at the Community Plaza allows the player to return him there after a while as well as increasing his hit points.
Special abilities[edit | edit source]
- Recruit Guardian: Converts a human treasure guardian to the Haudenosaunee War Chief's side with the process taking 4 seconds to complete. 90 seconds cooldown.
- Sharpshooter Attack: The Haudenosaunee War Chief fires a single shot that does 750 ranged damage to the target treasure guardian. 60 seconds cooldown.
- Eagle Eye: The Haudenosaunee War Chief fires a shot that does 60 (15 against Spies and Ninja) ranged damage to the target enemy and other enemies in a radius of 3 around the target. 70 seconds cooldown.
- Heal (requires Secret Society): The Haudenosaunee War Chief restores 400 hit points to friendly units in a radius of 10 centered on the target location. 120 seconds cooldown.
- Nature Friendship: Converts a treasure guardian to the Iroquois War Chief's side with the process taking 4 seconds to complete. 90 seconds cooldown.
- Eagle Eye: The Iroquois War Chief fires a shot that does 60 (15 against treasure guardians, Spies, and Ninja) ranged damage to the target enemy and other enemies in a radius of 3 around the target. 50 seconds cooldown.
- Heal (requires Secret Society): The Iroquois War Chief restores 400 hit points to friendly units in a radius of 10 centered on the target location. 120 seconds cooldown.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
The Haudenosaunee War Chief is automatically upgraded in every Age up.
- +50% hit points and attack
- +50% hit points and +100% attack
- +50% attack
- +100% hit points and +150% attack
Further statistics[edit | edit source]
As the Haudenosaunee War Chief is unique to the Haudenosaunee, only technologies that they have access to are shown in the following table:
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Treasure guardians, infantry|
|Weak vs.||Villagers, cavalry, Spies, Ninja|
|Hit points|| Cree Tanning (+5%)|
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
Sikh Gurus (+50%)
|Attack|| Yoga (+5%)|
Smokeless Powder (+30% siege attack)
Clenched Fist (+30% melee attack)
|Speed|| Incan Road-building (+20%)|
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Other|| Secret Society (gives the Heal ability)|
Carib Ambush Party (train Carib Ambushers)
Loyal Nootka War Chief (train Nootka War Chief)
Home City Cards[edit | edit source]
As the Haudenosaunee War Chief is unique to the Haudenosaunee, only their cards and other civilizations' TEAM cards are shown in the following tables:
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Iroquois War Chief|
Green: TEAM Shipment that is sent to each player in a team
Dutch[edit | edit source]
Iroquois[edit | edit source]
Random names[edit | edit source]
- Black Coat
- Little Priest
- Two Fires
- Sharp Knife
- Red Mask
- Wind Feather
- Red Wing
- Grey Wolf
- Silent One
- Night Rain
Changelog[edit | edit source]
The WarChiefs[edit | edit source]
- The unit is named Iroquois War Chief.
- The War Chief aura increases unit hit points by 15%.
- Has Nature Friendship which converts all Treasure Guardians, human and non-human.
- Eagle Eye does only 0.25x damage (15 ranged) against Treasure Guardians and has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
- The "High Chief" Home City Card allows the Iroquois War Chief to train Buck the Tame Wolves.
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- The unit is renamed to Haudenosaunee War Chief.
- The War Chief aura now increases unit hit points by 10%.
- Nature Friendship replaced by Recruit Guardian, which converts human Treasure Guardians only.
- Eagle Eye now does full damage (60 ranged) against Treasure Guardians and has a cooldown of 70 seconds.
- Receives Sharpshooter Attack.
- All special abilities now goes on cooldown when one is used, which is as long as the activated one.
- The "High Chief" Home City Card now makes the War Chief aura increases building hit points by 5%.
History[edit | edit source]
The WarChiefs[edit | edit source]
|“||War chiefs, typically young men in their prime, were responsible for leading warriors into battle. Even though they led their tribe's war efforts, they had to answer to a council of tribal leaders who attended to the daily affairs of the tribe.
Mohawk chief Thayendenaga, also known as Joseph Brant, fought alongside the British during the American Revolution. Along with his army of Native Americans, he fought in the battle of Oriskany in August 1779. He served as a captain in the British Army until the end of the war, at which point he turned his attentions to diplomacy and working to achieve the best living conditions for his people in the period after the American victory.