The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Hand Cart is a technology in Age of Empires II that can be researched at the Town Center once the Castle Age is reached. Once researched, it allows Villagers to carry 50% more resources (20 instead of 13, actually 54% more) and move 10% faster.
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Chinese: Hand Cart is 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Persians: Researching Hand Cart is 15%/20% faster in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Vietnamese: Hand Cart costs no wood.
- Vikings: Hand Cart is free.
Rise of the Rajas Edit
- Vietnamese: Hand Cart costs the regular price.
Definitive Edition Edit
- Vietnamese: With update 35584, Hand Cart costs no wood.
- During development, Age of Mythology had a technology that was essentially a successor to its Age of Empires II counterpart, even being called Hand Cart and requiring the Wheelbarrow. However, the gathering capacity increase was given to Husbandry, Pickaxe, and Hand Axe instead.
"The hand cart or simple wagon pulled by a horse or other animal was an improvement in land transport and boosted productivity. A man with a cart could carry the load of many men and more cheaply. The demand for carts was a boost to the economy itself by creating jobs for horse breeders, harness makers, cart makers, and wheelwrights."—Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings game manual
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.