|“||Follow the Greeks from their Bronze Age beginnings to the height of the Hellenic era. Step into the sandals of famous Greek heroes like Achilles, Pericles, Xenophon, and Alexander the Great to build a civilization spanning the ancient world from the Mediterranean to India.||”|
|—In-game campaign description|
This set consists of 8 different scenarios, each with different challenges and set of goals the player must overcome.
With the launch of the Definitive Edition, the campaign now consists of the following scenarios:
- Claiming Territory (named Land Grab in the original)
- Acropolis (named Citadel in the original)
- The Conquest of Crete (Rework of I'll Be Back, and replacing Ionian Expansion of the original)
- The Trojan War (named Trojan War in the original)
- Colonization of Ionia
- The Siege of Athens (named Siege of Athens in the original)
- Xenophon's March
- Alexander the Great (Wonder in the original)
Definitive Edition changes
Besides the name changes, the original line-up of scenarios had Ionian Expansion as the third scenario and the now reworked The Conquest of Crete (I'll Be Back in the original) was the fifth. The Definitive Edition added Colonization of Ionia, and Alexander the Great replaced Wonder.