|“||Cavalry that hurls bolas which can slow down enemies. Gathers from livestock and builds Livestock Pens.||”|
- Costs 120 food and uses 1 population.
- Can be trained at the Stable, Fort, and Galleon.
- Can gather food from herdable animals.
- Can train Cows and build Livestock Pens.
- Attacks by throwing bolas which snares the target, like Mapuche Bolas Riders and Bolas Warriors.
As Gauchos are unique to Argentina, only technologies that their base European civilizations have access to are shown in the following table:
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Heavy cavalry, artillery|
|Weak vs.||Heavy infantry, ranged infantry, light cavalry|
|Hit points|| Folk Heroes (+20%)|
Comanche Horse Breeding (+10%)
Cree Tanning (+5%)
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
|Attack|| Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+10%)|
Folk Heroes (+20%)
Smokeless Powder (+30% siege attack)
|Range||Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+2)|
|Sight|| Town Watch (+2)|
Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+2)
|Speed|| Comanche Mustangs (+10%)|
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Creation speed|| Mass Cavalry (-35%)|
Folk Heroes (-50%)
Cheyenne Horse Trading (-25%)
Quechuan Diet (-25%)
Home City Cards
As Gauchos are unique to Argentina, only their base European civilizations' cards and other civilizations' TEAM cards are shown in the following tables (for the base civilization, non-TEAM cards will only be applied if they are sent before revolting):
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Gaucho|
The African Royals
The Gaucho speaks Spanish using the Spanish Hussar's dialogue files.
- All Comancheros' hats will be changed into the sombrero worn by Gauchos when the player revolts into Argentina, but their stats remain unchanged.
Gauchos are migratory horsemen adept in tending to cattle who inhabited Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, and parts of Brazil. They are reputed to be brave but unruly, and regarded as a folk symbol in where they resided.