|This article is about the building in Age of Mythology. For the building in other games of the series, see Gate.|
The Gate is a defensive structure in Age of Mythology. Its purpose is to have an opportunity to let friendly units pass through walls while keeping enemies out. Unlike in Age of Empires II where the Gate is built as a separate structure, walls are simply clicked on and selected to become a Gate, for a cost. Also, units are unable to pass through an enemy Gate, even if it is open.
God bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Hades increases HP by 25%.
- Gaia enables Gates to regenerate 1 HP/second.
- Shennong makes Wall upgrades 50% cheaper.
Technologies[edit | edit source]
- Masons: Buildings +15% HP and -5% crush vulnerability
- Architects: Buildings +15% HP and -5% crush vulnerability
Additionally, Gates can research technologies that upgrade walls and themselves:
- Wooden Wall
- Earthen Wall
- Stone Wall
- Fortified Wall
- Citadel Wall
- Great Wall
- Bronze Wall
- Iron Wall
- Orichalkos Wall
Myth technologies[edit | edit source]
- Athenian Wall (Hera) Buildings +20% HP, walls and Gates +10% HP (+30% total)
- Sundried Mudbrick (Hathor): Buildings +10% HP and -15% cost
- Safeguard (Heimdall) Walls and Gates +100% HP
- Titan Shield (Atlas): Buildings -15% hack vulnerability and -15% crush vulnerability
- Rammed Earth (He Bo): Buildings +10% HP