The Garden is a building in Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon that is only available to the Chinese. Gardens generate resources and are the only way for Chinese to gain favor. A Garden generates 0.0475 favor per second (2.85 per minute), but can also be tasked to generate any other resource, at 10 times the rate. A maximum of 10 Gardens can be built, with each one increasing generation rate for the chosen resource. All of the Gardens must be tasked on one resource, meaning the player cannot make one generating favor and the other generating food. The first two Gardens are cheaper, but only the first time they are built, not if they need to be rebuilt.
Resource trickle comparison Edit
There are quite a few means of auto-generating resources in Age of Mythology. The following list shows all the means there are to illustrate the value of the Garden.
|Flood of the Nile||Egyptians||Food||45|
|Vaults of Erebus||Greeks||Gold||45|
|Ring of the Nibelung||all||Gold||18|
|Ship of Fingernails||all||Food||24|
|Ankh of Ra||all||Favor||2.4|
1.2 (in combat)
|Plenty Vault3||Greeks|| Wood|
- The rate can be increased by 10% by researching Horns of Consecration.
- Gardens can be tasked to generate any resource, but they only generate one at a time.
- The Plenty Vault generates all three resources simultaneously.
God bonuses Edit
- Each Garden provides +1 population.
- Gardens generate favor rate +20%.
- Gardens require less wood.
- Faster build rate through Blessed Construction.
- Sacrifices (He Bo): Grants a slow favor trickle, 0.1 favor per second.
- House Altars (Dabo Gong): +20% resource generation rate.
Tale of The Dragon Edit
- Initially, the first Garden cost 35 food, 35 wood, and 35 gold. With patch 2.7, this was changed to 25 food, 25 wood, and 25 gold. In addition, Garden gather rate was increased by 5%.
|“|| The Garden is a economic building unique to the Chinese civilisation. Aside from its pleasing visual, the Garden's purpose is to generate resources based on the player's choice but with the caveat that only one resource can be generated at a time. While the player can build more than one garden, they will all generate the same resource without the option to set them individually.|
—In-game help section
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.