|“||Powerful ranged infantry mercenary.||”|
The Fusilier is effective against most infantry and quite deadly against light cavalry. It has high hit points, a high base (siege) attack, and deals damage multipliers at range against Shock Infantry and light cavalry, putting it somewhere in between a Musketeer unit, and a Skirmisher unit. The Fusilier is incredibly powerful, and is a strong all-round unit, only being especially weak to Grenadiers, their equivalents, and artillery. With 12 Missionaries (Japanese ally), Unction, all attack improvement upgrades (Haudenosaunee) and cards (French and Indian allies), the Spanish Fusilier is a ranged infantry with the highest ranged attack, 152.6.
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Cavalry, Shock Infantry, heavy infantry|
|Weak vs.||Skirmishers, archers, artillery|
|Hit points|| Flint Lock (+10%)|
Thin Red Line (+20%, British only)
Corselet (+25%, Spanish only)
Cree Tanning (+5%)
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
|Attack|| Socket Bayonet (+20% melee attack)|
Paper Cartridge (+15%)
Smokeless Powder (+30% siege attack)
Clenched Fist (+30% melee attack)
|Speed|| Military Drummers (+10%)|
Tilly's Discipline (+20% speed, Germans only)
Quechuan Mountaineering (+20%)
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Sight||Town Watch (+2)|
|Creation speed|| Standing Army (-25%)|
Quechuan Diet (-25%)
|Train cost||Mapuche Ad-mapu (-10% coin cost)|
|Penalties|| Thin Red Line (-25% speed, British only)|
Coffee Trade (-10% speed, Dutch only)
Tilly's Discipline (+10% cost, Germans only)
Corselet (-15% speed, Spanish only)
Home City Cards
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Fusilier|
- Fusiliers have a x1.5 multiplier against light cavalry, both melee and ranged, no ranged multiplier against cavalry and a x1.5 ranged multiplier against light infantry.
- The Fusilier uses his dialogue files.
- Fusiliers no longer have multipliers against light cavalry, have a x1.5 ranged multiplier against cavalry and a x1.3 ranged multiplier against shock infantry.
- The Fusilier uses the French Grenadier's dialogue files.
- With update 23511, Fusiliers are tagged as Musket Infantry.
- Select 1 Ja - Yes
- Select 2 Redo - Ready
- Select 3 Order? - Orders?
- Move 1 Ja - Yes
- Move 2 Ska ske - Will be done
- Move 3 Uppfattat - Roger
- Attack 1 Anfall! - Attack!
- Attack 2 Till strid! - To battle!
- Attack 3 Ja! - Yes!
- Main article: French dialogue lines#Grenadier
- The Fusilier has a unique set of melee animations, not shared with any other unit in the game. It fights using a rapier, with a special set of techniques that include low thrusting and quick slashes.
- Originally, the Fusilier was intended to be a unique Musketeer for the Swedish civilization before their implementation in the original game was scrapped.
|“||The first flintlocks appeared in the early 1600s, and quickly spread across Europe. The flintlock applied mechanical principles to strike flint to steel, using the resulting spark to ignite black powder and send a bullet (or ball) on its way. Extremely reliable under almost all conditions (including rainy weather), the flintlock musket remained the primary weapon for infantry for nearly 200 years, up to and including the U.S. Civil War.||”|