|“||Outlaw, Wokou, and Maratha attack, hit points and train time improved.||”|
Folk Heroes (Wild West before update 23511) is a technology in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs that can be researched by European civilizations at the Tavern (Saloon before update 23511) once the Fortress Age is reached. Once researched, it increases the hit points and attack of outlaw units by , and decreases their train time by .
- American civilizations (United States and Mexicans) can research the Wild West technology at the Saloon, whose only difference to Folk Heroes is the name and the icon, as it has the same effect. Peacemakers is the further upgrade of this technology.
- Wild West is available in the Industrial Age, costs 400 food, 500 wood, and increases hit points and attack by 35%.
- Wild West is available in the Fortress Age, costs 200 food, 250 wood, increases hit points and attack by 20%, and reduces training time by 50%.
- With update 23511, it is renamed to Folk Heroes for European civilizations.
- Although it is not listed in the patch notes, since update 54545, Peacemakers is the further upgrade of Wild West.
- Before update 23511, the Wild West technology shared the same icon with the Dance Hall Home City Card available for all European civilizations. With the renaming to Folk Heroes in update 23511, the technology gained its own icon. The new icon is possibly a reference to Robin Hood, seeing as how it is an archaic green hat with decorative feathers and Robin Hood is a folk tale hero-outlaw. However, the Wild West technology for the United States has the same icon as the Dance Hall Home City Card now only available to this civilization. Later, with the introduction of the Mexicans, the Wild West technology also has the same icon as the Cantinas Home City Card.
- Compunction – Asian counterpart