|“||Economic building. Generates resources without the need of villagers. Requires 20 population.||”|
|—Age of Empires II description|
The Feitoria (Portuguese: "Trading Post") is an economic building in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms that is unique to the Portuguese and becomes available once the Imperial Age is reached. It generates , , , and per second, which is comparable to the efficiency of roughly 7.5 Villagers in Post-Imperial Age. It generates these resources without the need of Villagers, but takes up 20 population.
Tactics and placement[edit | edit source]
There is no limit to how many Feitorias a player can build other than the population limit. Players can still build one as long as they have at least one population headroom (queued units will count against this headroom). While it is not seemingly worth the population space (20 Villagers can easily gather more resources per minute than a Feitoria), it is difficult to place a numeric value on the generation of gold and stone. One thing to note, though, is that Villagers die easily to raids, while the Feitoria generally requires siege weapons to destroy quickly.
The Feitoria is most suitable for the late game when resources such as gold and stone become scarce, especially in free-for-all games and 1-vs-1 games, as, in those settings, trading with other players is not an option. Players must be sure to place it in well-defended areas, in order to protect its slow trickle of resources. In the rare event that players deplete the wood on the map (which may happen on island maps), Feitorias are also worth the investment, as they also provide wood.
Another potential tactic is to rush Feitorias. While a Feitoria is less efficient than 20 Villagers, it can be produced much faster and does not require additional Town Centers. As a result, one can quickly reach maximum population and make a push before the opponent has the time to grow their economy to the same level as the player's.
Feitorias can be converted, so Portuguese players must be wary of enemy Monks. However, the Portuguese can research Heresy which will prevent the Feitoria from being used by the enemy once converted. In the event that a player manages to convert a Feitoria, its population space of 20 will be imposed on the new owner.
Further statistics[edit | edit source]
As Feitorias are unique to the Portuguese, only technologies that are available to them are shown in the following table:
|Building strengths and weaknesses|
|Hit points|| Masonry (+10%)|
|Armor|| Masonry (+1/+1, +3 building armor)|
Architecture (+1/+1, +3 building armor)
|Line of Sight|| Town Watch (+4)|
Town Patrol (+4)
|Conversion defense|| Faith|
|Construction speed||Treadmill Crane (+20%)|
Team bonuses[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
The African Kingdoms[edit | edit source]
- Feitorias cost 250W/250G.
- Feitorias generate 0.7F, 0.7W, 0.45G, and 0.45S per second.
- With patch 4.8, Feitorias now cost 250G/250S.
- With patch 4.8, Feitorias now generate 0.8F, 0.8W, 0.45G, and 0.25S per second.
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- With update 35584, Feitoras now generate 1.6F, 1.0W, 0.7G, and 0.3S per second.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Feitorias take up 5x5 tiles of space, making it the most room-taking buildable building alongside the Wonder.
- With 5,200, Feitorias have the highest base HP of all regular buildings.
- It takes 357 seconds (~6 minutes) for Feitorias to become net-positive for gold spent on them, and 834 seconds (~14 minutes) for Feitorias to become net-positive for stone.
- The Feitoria somewhat resembles the appearance of a Colonial/ Fortress Age Town Center of the Portuguese, Spanish and Ottomans (civilizations who share the same architectural style) in Age of Empires III.
- Both structures have a high tower to the northernmost part and a roof extending from north to west and north to east.
- Removing the small tower on the west and the wall which extends from the west to south and wall extending from east to south will make the Feitoria look closer to the Portuguese Town Center in Age of Empires III.
- Feitorias (from the Latin facere, meaning "to do") were trading posts built extensively by the Portuguese during the Age of Discovery, which served simultaneously as market, warehouse, and support to the navigation and customs. Portugal's first Feitoria overseas was in Mauritania (West Africa) and, in time, there would be multiple ones, extending all the way to Macau and, of course, on the New World.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video overview[edit | edit source]
|Buildings in Age of Empires II|
|House · Monastery · Wonder|
|Economic||Town Center · Dock · Fish Trap · Mill · Farm · Market · Lumber Camp · Mining Camp · Feitoria|
|Research||Blacksmith · University|
|Barracks · Archery Range · Stable · Siege Workshop · Castle · Harbor · Krepost · Donjon|
|Tower||Outpost · Watch Tower · Guard Tower · Keep · Bombard Tower|
|Wall||Palisade Wall · Stone Wall · Fortified Wall · Palisade Gate · Gate|