Other than being shorter, Dwarves are the same as Gatherers in all other respects. They cannot build anything other than Farms, and can be instantly converted into an Ulfsark for the full price of a new Ulfsark. However, this wastes the resources spent on training the dwarf, so it is usually better to train Ulfsarks from the Longhouse or the Town Center, unless there is a dire need.
Note: Even at maximum population, only 40 Dwarves can be trained.
Dwarves can be assigned with the following tasks:
- gather food from Farms and berry bushes
- slaughter domestic animals then gather food from them
- hunt wild animals and gather food from them
- chop down trees and gather wood
- mine gold
- build farms (only)
Dwarves can only build Farms (from the Classical Age) and cannot repair buildings.
Attack bonuses Edit
Dwarves have the followers attack multipliers for their melee attack:
God bonuses Edit
- Worshiping Odin increases the Food gathering rate of villagers hunting animals by 10%.
- When worshiping Thor, the player starts with two Dwarves instead of Gatherers. Thor Dwarves cost 10 less Gold and have increased Wood and Food gather rates, almost to the same level as Gatherers.
Note: Although using Thor dwarves to gather wood/food isn't a bad idea, one should consider the longer training time in comparison to Gatherers.
Ox Cart provides:
- Hand Axe increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Bow Saw also increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Carpenters also increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Pickaxe increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Shaft Mine also increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Quarry also increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Hunting Dogs increases the gather rate of food from hunted animals by 30%
- Husbandry increases the gather rate of food from herd animals by 20% and allows villagers to carry twice as much food (of all types.)
- Plow increases the gather rate of food from Farms by 10%
- Irrigation further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10%
- Flood Control further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10%
Myth technologies Edit
Worshiping certain gods enables players to research myth technologies that improve Dwarves.
- Pig Sticker quintuples damage against hunted animals and increases the gather rate of food from hunted animals by 10%. Researched at the Ox Cart.
Age of MythologyEdit
- The Dwarf has no attack bonus against siege.
Tale of the Dragon Edit
- With Patch 2.7, Dwarves now deal bonus damage against siege like all other villagers.
Dwarves (using the V in the plural seems to have originated with Tolkien) are a human-like race that evolved from maggots that lived on the body of the prehistoric giant, Ymir. They are known to live in great caverns and mines beneath the earth, are expert craftsmen, particularly with metal, and are known for their insatiable greed. Dwarves are still usually friendly with the gods and enemies of the giants. Many of the greatest magical items from Norse mythology, such as Thor's hammer Mjolnir, and the "Battle Boar" Gulinbursti, were manufactured by dwarves.
|Villager | Laborer | Gatherer | Dwarf | Citizen | Peasant|