Dry Dock is a technology in Age of Empires II available at the Dock upon reaching the Imperial Age. Once researched, it increases ship speed by 15% as well as the capacity of Transport Ships by +10 (for a total of 20).
Before the Definitive Edition, Dry Dock does not improve the efficiency of Trade Cogs, as they are affected by the speed increase, but earn less gold per trip to compensate this effect, so that the gather rate remains the same in total. In the Definitive Edition, this was changed, so that Dry Dock no longer reduces gold per trip and thus increases the efficiency of Trade Cogs.
- Chinese: Researching Dry Dock is 20% cheaper.
- Italians: Researching Dry Dock is 33% cheaper.
- Persians: Researching Dry Dock is 20% faster.
- Portuguese: Researching Dry Dock is 30% faster.
The Age of Kings
- Dry Dock reduces gold per trip for Trade Cogs.
- Italians: Dry Dock is 50% cheaper.
- Dry Dock no longer reduces gold per trip for Trade Cogs.
- Portuguese: With update 42848, all technologies are researched 30% faster.
Lords of the West
- Neither of the civilizations introduced in Dawn of the Dukes have access to Dry Dock.
|“||Ships needing extensive repairs were sailed into a new structure called a dry dock from which the water could be pumped. This left the ship dry and accessible to workmen from all directions.||”|