Before the Definitive Edition, Dry Dock does not improve the efficiency of Trade Cogs, as they are affected by the speed increase, but earn less gold per trip to compensate this effect, so that the gather rate remains the same in total. In the Definitive Edition, this was changed, so that Dry Dock no longer reduces gold per trip.
The Age of Kings Edit
- Dry Dock reduces gold per trip for Trade Cogs.
Definitive Edition Edit
- Dry Dock no longer reduces gold per trip for Trade Cogs.
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Chinese: Researching Dry Dock is 20% cheaper.
- Italians: Researching Dry Dock is 50% cheaper.
- Persians: Researching Dry Dock is 20% faster.
|“||Ships needing extensive repairs were sailed into a new structure called a dry dock from which the water could be pumped. This left the ship dry and accessible to workmen from all directions.||”|