|This article is about the unit in Age of Mythology. For the unit in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten, see Dragon Ship (Age of Empires II).|
Attack bonuses Edit
- Naval Oxybeles increases hit points by 10%, range and LOS by 12 and attack vs buildings by 200%.
- Arctic Gale (Baldr) increases speed by 20% and reduces hack vulnerability by 30%.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Conscript Sailors decreases training time by 20%.
- Heroic Fleet (The Titans) increases attack against myth units by 250%.
Dragon Ships are strong against Arrow Ships and buildings but weak against Hammer Ships. In the Heroic Age, defensive buildings can out-range them, so they are vulnerable to counterattack at that time. However, when upgraded in the Mythic Age, they out-range them instead, making them valuable in taking down shore defenses. This helps transports to land safely to enemy territory. Since they deal crush damage, Dragon Ships are slightly effective against myth units.
As warships became longer, navies began to mount larger weapons on them, such as catapults and ballistae. Dionysius of Syracuse constructed extra-large triremes capable of supporting artillery, and Alexander mounted siege towers on a pair of ship hulls during his unsuccessful siege of Tyre. Later Roman imperial galleys could bristle with all sorts of towers and artillery.