Arcane: League of Legends - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Wiki by expanding it.|
|“||Battle-tested woman bodyguard mercenary of the Dahomey armed with rifle to counter infantry. Attacks faster at close range by throwing knives.||”|
The Dahomey Amazon is a mercenary ranged infantry unit in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - The African Royals.
The African Royals
- Originally, Dahomey Amazons have a ×2.0 multiplier against heavy infantry and a ×0.75 multiplier against cavalry and shock infantry, both melee and ranged. Although it is not listed in the patch notes, with update 43871, Dahomey Amazons have a ×1.75 multiplier against heavy infantry (both melee and ranged), and a ×0.5 multiplier against cavalry and a ×0.3 multiplier against shock infantry in melee and Knife Throwing attacks.
- Although it is not listed in the patch notes, since update 43871, Dahomey Amazons have a ×2.0 multiplier against light cavalry and Eagle Runner Knights, and a ×0.5 multiplier against artillery.
- Originally, Dahomey Amazons have 35 siege damage. Although it is not listed in the patch notes, with update 43871, Dahomey Amazons have 27 siege damage.
- Originally, Dahomey Amazons take 2 population. Although it is not listed in the patch notes, with update 43871, Dahomey Amazons take 3 population.
- Originally, the in-game description was "Battle-tested woman bodyguard mercenary of the Dahomey armed with rifle to counter infantry. Throws knives at close targets. Attacks faster at close range." Although it is not listed in the patch notes, with update 43871, the in-game description is "Battle-tested woman bodyguard mercenary of the Dahomey armed with rifle to counter infantry. Attacks faster at close range by throwing knives."
The Dahomey Amazon speaks Fon language.
- Select 1
- Select 2
- Select 3
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Attack 1
- Attack 2
- Attack 3
- The Dahomey Amazon is one of only four trainable female units in the game, the other being the female Settler, the female Villager and the Priestess.
- The Dahomey Amazon is the second female-only trainable unit (the first being the Priestess), and the first and (until then) only female military unit in Age of Empires III.
- The Malians in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms have a similiar unit, the Gbeto.
|“||During the 17th century, the West African Kingdom of Dahomey formed an all-female military unit. These gbetos gradually rose in importance and were known for their combined use of firearms and throwing knives. An aberration to European observers, who termed them “Amazons” after the female warriors of classical Greek mythology, the gbetos remained a fixture in the Dahomey army until the kingdom’s conquest by the French in the late 19th century.||”|
|Mercenary units in Age of Empires III|
|Infantry||Arsonist** · Askari^ · Barbary Corsair · Cannoneer^ · Dahomey Amazon^ · Fusilier* · Highlander · Iron Troop** · Jaeger · Landsknecht · Ninja* · Ronin · Swiss Pikeman · Zouave***|
|Cavalry||Black Rider · Elmeti* · Gatling Camel^ · Hackapell · Harquebusier*** · Jat Lancer** · Kanuri Guard^ · Mameluke · Manchu · Sennar Horseman^ · Stradiot · Yojimbo** · Zenata Rider^|
|Artillery||Li'l Bombard* · Napoleon Gun***|
|Ship||Privateer · War Dhow^ · Wokou Junk** · Xebec^|
|Infantry||Dacoit** · Desert Archer^ · Desert Warrior^ · Pirate · Pistolero* · Renegado* · Thuggee** · Wokou Monk** · Wokou Pirate** · Wokou Ronin**|
|Cavalry||Comanchero* · Desert Raider^ · Wokou Horseman**|
|* added in The WarChiefs ** in The Asian Dynasties *** in the Definitive Edition ^ in The African Royals|