|This article is about the outlaw from the United States revolution. For the similar outlaw trainable at the Saloon of the United States civilization, see Cowboy (Saloon).|
|“||Outlaw armed with a revolver who can gather from livestock and build Livestock Pens.||”|
- Costs 120 food and uses 1 population.
- Can gather food from herdable animals.
- Can train Cows and build Livestock Pens.
- Ranged attack fires four shots in a quick succession, like that of Organ Guns, which is more effective against heavy cavalry and artillery.
As Cowboys are unique to the revolutionary United States, only technologies that their base European civilizations have access to are shown in the following table:
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Heavy cavalry, artillery|
|Weak vs.||Heavy infantry, ranged infantry, light cavalry|
|Hit points|| Folk Heroes (+20%)|
Comanche Horse Breeding (+10%)
Cree Tanning (+5%)
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
|Attack|| Folk Heroes (+20%)|
Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+10%)
Smokeless Powder (+30% siege attack)
|Range||Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+2)|
|Sight|| Town Watch (+2)|
Ranged Cavalry Caracole (+2)
|Speed|| Comanche Mustangs (+10%)|
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Creation speed|| Mass Cavalry (-35%)|
Folk Heroes (-50%)
Cheyenne Horse Trading (-25%)
Quechuan Diet (-25%)
Home City Cards
As Cowboys are unique to the revolutionary United States, only their base European civilizations' cards and other civilizations' TEAM cards are shown in the following tables (for the base civilization, non-TEAM cards will only be applied if they are sent before revolting):
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Cowboy|
United States (revolutionary)
The Cowboy speaks in Western American English using Sheriff Billy Holme's dialogue files before the Definitive Edition.
- While the Cowboy is often referred to and treated as a distinct unit unique to revolutionary United States, the game's data files reveal that it is actually a Comanchero with different name and modified stats/abilities.
- For this reason, the Cowboy reuses the Comanchero's in-game history text.
|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Wiki by expanding it.|