Content Update 3 is a patch in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, released March 2, 2018. It addresses improvements and bug fixes.
It was the first named Content Update patch, after some hotfixes following the launch of the game in February 20, 2018.
- Fixed a potential crash when starting a new single or multiplayer game.
- Put in additional game checks to verify system requirements on game launch.
- This may result in a pop up message if your PC is near the min spec (note: the message may be blank for some users if the check comes across a missing piece of info from the system).
- To skip past this and continue to the game simply dismiss the dialogue box!
- Added additional game logging to assist with future bug fixes.
- Added a potential fix to help some users who needed an US additional language file for the game to start.