The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about the scenario in the Definitive Edition. For the scenario in Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, see Coming of the Huns.|
|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Wiki by expanding it.|
|This article needs an image for it to be complete. Please locate and insert one.|
|“||Pannonia, 373 CE
A new and more fearsome group of barbarians, the Huns, have been moving west from Central Asia for the past several decades. They are skilled horsemen and are rumored to be nigh invincible! Germanic and Alanic tribes alike flee before them, flooding towards the frontiers of the Empire. The upcoming invasion will be the ultimate test of the strength of the Empire. If you cannot parry their incursions, Rome will be sacked, and the empire overrun!
|—In-game campaign decription|
Coming of the Huns is the fifth and final scenario of the Imperium Romanum campaign in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, featuring a reworked version of the scenario of the same name in Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Build up and destroy the Huns (red).
- Defend the Empire from Vandal, Gothic and Alanic incursions.
Hints[edit | edit source]
- This scenario plays like a Death Match. You must quickly muster a large force with which to combat the Huns.
- Your allies are not very trustworthy and may change their allegiance if they suspect that the other side is winning
- The Huns rely heavily on Horse Archers. Use Scythe Chariots and Ballistae to deal with them.
Historical outcome[edit | edit source]
|“||Your people breathe a sigh of relief as your armies emerge victorious from the bloody conflict with these formidable invaders. The barbarians that were not killed or captured have fled far from your borders or have been incorporated into your armies as auxiliary forces. One day, they may eventually return, but, despite numerous apocalyptic predictions, the Roman Empire is secure for the time being. You can now concentrate on planning your campaign against Persia and expanding the borders of the Empire to new heights. Hail Caesar!||”|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The first hint of the scenario, the map, the starting positions and the present civilizations in the battle is a tribute of the Age of Empires II: The Conquerors scenario The Catalaunian Fields of the Attila the Hun campaign, mirroring the missions from the Roman point of view.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.