The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about the technology in Age of Empires. For other uses of the term, see Coinage.|
It is available to all civilizations.
Civilization bonuses[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Gold mining productivity yield +25%.
- Egyptians, Persians, Shang and Sumerians: Cannot research Coinage.
- Palmyrans: Cannot research Coinage.
- Gold mining productivity yield changed to +10%. With update 38862, it is increased to 25% again.
- All civilizations can now research Coinage.
History[edit | edit source]
|“||The first true coins were minted in ancient Lydia, now part of modern Turkey. These first coins were made from electrum, a naturally ocurring malleable alloy of gold and silver. Coins, and money in general, proved an important facilitator of trade and economic progress. Money acted as a storehouse of value, a medium of exchange, and a standard of value, as it continues to do today. Following the conquest of the Persian Empire, the concept of coinage was adopted by the Greeks and spread by them throughout the Hellenistic world.||”|
|—Age of Empires manual|
|Age of Empires|
|Tool Age||Woodworking · Stone Mining · Gold Mining · Domestication|
|Bronze Age||Artisanship · Wheel · Plow|
|Iron Age||Craftsmanship · Siegecraft · Coinage · Irrigation|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.