The Classical Age is the second Age in Age of Mythology. It is the first Age when a wide selection of military units and buildings becomes available. To advance to the Classical Age, a player must first build a Temple. They then select either of two minor gods. The minor gods available depend on the civilization and major god.
- Priest +8 LOS, +9 range
- Pharaoh +6 LOS, +9 range, +10% attack
- Heroes +10% HP, +10% attack (also applies to Priests and Pharaohs)
- Mercenary +10% HP, +20% attack
- Mercenary Cavalry +10% HP, +20% attack
- Shade +10% HP, +20% attack
- Hippocrates +10% HP
- Immortal +1 range (after patch 2.8)
- Note: The Armory is unavailable to players worshiping Thor.
The term "Classical Age" comes from the Classical Period of Ancient Greece, which lasted from 400s BCE to 300s BCE before it was superseced by the Alexanderian Empire (or Macedonian Empire) from 336 to 302 BCE due to the empire being divided by the Diadochi.
Classical Age is also a reference to the "Classical Antiquity" which lasted from the 8th Century BCE to 476 of the Fall of Rome.
|Ages in Age of Mythology|
|Archaic Age · Classical Age · Heroic Age · Mythic Age · Titan Age|