|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. |
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
- For the Age of Empires II article, see Chu Ko Nu (Age of Empires II).
- For the Age of Mythology article, see Chu Ko Nu (Age of Mythology).
- For the Age of Empires III article, see Chu Ko Nu (Age of Empires III).
- For the Age of Empires IV article, see Zhuge Nu.
- "Chu Ko Nu" (Chinese: 諸葛弩) literally means "the crossbow of Zhuge". Zhuge Liang was a famous tactician who lived and died during China's Three Kingdoms era. However, the Chinese more commonly refer to it as the "Lian Nu" (Chinese: 連弩), literally translating to "chaining crossbow".
- Despite its name, the Chu Ko Nu was not invented by Zhuge Liang, being in use some two hundred years before his birth. However, it is likely that he improved its design to make it a more effective weapon of war.
- The actual Chu Ko Nu had a firing rate of around two arrows per three seconds, making it the most rapid-firing weapon in existence until the invention of the Gatling gun 1800 years later.