|This article is about the cheat codes in Age of Empires II. For cheat codes in other games of the series, see Cheat code.|
To use cheat codes in Age of Empires II, press Enter during game play to bring up a text box, enter the code and press Enter again. The codes are not case sensitive.
All cheat units are spawned from the player's Town Center. Without a Town Center, no cheat units will appear even if the correct codes are typed.
Entering any cheat codes will prevent the user from obtaining any achievements (except campaign-related ones) in that session. In the Definitive Edition, using cheat codes will also disable the medal earned in a singleplayer scenario.
- how do you turn this on: Creates a Shelby Cobra that rapidly fires bullets.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur.
- natural wonders: Control nature, but lose control of the player's civilization. This condition is irreversible.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a VMDL that does nothing except spying the enemy. Buildings can fire if garrisoned.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates Furious the Monkey Boy. Multiple units of this type cannot be selected to move and attack unless they are close together.
- i don't exist : Summons a Penguin.
- alpaca simulator: Summons an Alfred the Alpaca.
- catzor: Summons a Sharkatzor.
- ninjaconnor: Gives 100,000 of each resource (since The Forgotten).
- ninjalui: Same as ninjaconnor.
- rowshep: Same as ninjaconnor and ninjalui.
- cheese steak jimmy's: Gives 10,000 food (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- lumberjack: Gives 10,000 wood (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- robin hood: Gives 10,000 gold (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- rock on: Gives 10,000 stone (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- marco: Reveals map (on-off mode).
- polo: Removes fog of war (on-off mode).
- aegis: Instant building, researching, resource gathering, and training that applies for all players, the AI included. Can be toggled on or off if used repeatedly.
- i r winner: Win the game instantly.
- resign: Lose the game instantly.
- black death: All other players die, including allies.
- noui: Disables user interface ingame. To get it back, type noui again.
- wimpywimpywimpy: The player commits suicide, resulting in immediate defeat.
- torpedo <1-8>: Instantly defeats the selected opponent.
- woof woof: Turns birds into Stormy Dogs.
- !mute: Silences taunts.
- !nomute: Undoes the !mute code.
- Going Above and Beyond: Lets the player research the same technology up to 256 times, stacking the effects (first available in the "Greatest medieval technologies" event, then released for all players with update 51737)
These cheat codes are only available upon completing challenges during events in the Definitive Edition, and cannot be acquired after the event concludes.
- photon man: Creates a Photon Man (Age of Empires anniversary event and "Celebrating the Ages" event).
- Tech Tech One Two Free: Makes technologies free ("Greatest medieval technologies" event).
- Yes We Khan: Turns all of the player's Mangudai into Genghis Khan in the Genghis Khan campaign ("Mongolian civ" event).
- Put on your capes: Turns all of the player's infantry into Elite Teutonic Knights ("Teuton civ/Oktoberfest" event).
- grab your pitchforks: Turns all of the player's Villagers into Flemish Militia ("Women of History" event).
- cameleon: Transforms Camel units owned by any player into Flaming Camels. ("Celebrating the Ages" event)