|This article is about the cheat codes in Age of Empires II. For cheat codes in other games of the series, see Cheat code.|
To use cheat codes in Age of Empires II, press Enter during game play to bring up a text box, enter the code and press Enter again. The codes are not case sensitive so they will always work as long as they are spelled correctly.
In HD Edition, entering any cheat codes will prevent the user to obtaining any achievements (expect campaign-related one) in that session.
- how do you turn this on: Creates a Shelby Cobra that rapidly fires bullets.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur.
- natural wonders: Control nature, but lose control of the player's civilization. This condition is irreversible.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a VMDL that does nothing except spying the enemy. Buildings can fire if garrisoned.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates Furious the Monkey Boy. Multiple units of this type cannot be selected to move and attack unless they are close together.
- i don't exist : Summons a Penguin (since HD Editon).
- alpaca simulator: Summons an Alfred the Alpaca (since HD Editon).
- ninjaconnor: Gives 100,000 of each resource (since The Forgotten).
- ninjalui: Same as ninjaconnor.
- rowshep: Same as ninjaconnor and ninjalui.
- Note: In Age of Empires II HD, the following cheats give ten times as much resources - 10,000 instead of 1,000.
- cheese steak jimmy's: Gives 1,000 food (10,000 food since HD Edition).
- lumberjack: Gives 1,000 wood (10,000 wood since HD Edition).
- robin hood: Gives 1,000 gold (10,000 gold since HD Edition).
- rock on: Gives 1,000 stone (10,000 stone since HD Edition).
- marco: Reveals map (On-Off mode).
- polo: Removes fog of war (On-Off mode).
- aegis: Instant building, researching, resource gathering, and training that applies for all players, the AI included. It is interesting to note that this kills units that are constructing buildings, but it is not known why. Can be toggled on or off if used repeatedly.
- i r winner: Win the game instantly.
- resign: Lose the game instantly.
- black death: All other players die, including allies.
- wimpywimpywimpy: The player commits suicide, resulting in immediate defeat.
- torpedo <1-8>: Slays the selected opponent.
- woof woof: Turns birds into Stormy Dogs.
- !mute: Silences taunts.
- !nomute: Undoes the !mute code.