|This article is about the cheat codes in Age of Empires II. For cheat codes in other games of the series, see Cheat code.|
To use cheat codes in Age of Empires II, press Enter during game play to bring up a text box, enter the code and press Enter again. The codes are not case sensitive.
All cheat units are spawned from the player's Town Center. Without a Town Center, no cheat units will appear even if the correct codes are typed.
Entering any cheat codes will prevent the user from obtaining any achievements (except campaign-related ones) in that session. In the Definitive Edition, using cheat codes will also disable the medal earned in a singleplayer scenario.
Codes[edit | edit source]
Units[edit | edit source]
- how do you turn this on: Creates a Shelby Cobra that rapidly fires bullets.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur.
- natural wonders: Control nature, but lose control of the player's civilization. This condition is irreversible.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a VMDL that does nothing except spying the enemy. Buildings can fire if garrisoned.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates Furious the Monkey Boy. Multiple units of this type cannot be selected to move and attack unless they are close together.
- i don't exist : Summons a Penguin.
- alpaca simulator: Summons an Alfred the Alpaca.
- catzor: Summons a Sharkatzor.
Resources[edit | edit source]
- ninjaconnor: Gives 100,000 of each resource (since The Forgotten).
- ninjalui: Same as ninjaconnor.
- rowshep: Same as ninjaconnor and ninjalui.
- cheese steak jimmy's: Gives 10,000 food (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- lumberjack: Gives 10,000 wood (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- robin hood: Gives 10,000 gold (1,000 before The Forgotten).
- rock on: Gives 10,000 stone (1,000 before The Forgotten).
Map[edit | edit source]
- marco: Reveals map (on-off mode).
- polo: Removes fog of war (on-off mode).
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- aegis: Instant building, researching, resource gathering, and training that applies for all players, the AI included. Can be toggled on or off if used repeatedly.
- i r winner: Win the game instantly.
- resign: Lose the game instantly.
- black death: All other players die, including allies.
- wimpywimpywimpy: The player commits suicide, resulting in immediate defeat.
- torpedo <1-8>: Instantly defeats the selected opponent.
- woof woof: Turns birds into Stormy Dogs.
- !mute: Silences taunts.
- !nomute: Undoes the !mute code.
Event codes[edit | edit source]
These cheat codes are only available upon completing challenges during events in the Definitive Edition, and cannot be acquired after the event concludes.
- photon man: Creates a Photon Man (Age of Empires anniversary event).
- Going Above and Beyond: Lets the player research the same technology up to 256 times, stacking the effects ("Greatest medieval technologies" event).
- Tech Tech One Two Free: Makes technologies free ("Greatest medieval technologies" event).
- Yes We Khan: Turns all of the player's Mangudai into Genghis Khan in the Genghis Khan campaign ("Mongolian civ" event).
- Put on your capes: Turns all of the player's infantry into Elite Teutonic Knights ("Teuton civ/Oktoberfest" event).