The Charon Ferry is an arrow/transport ship that is exclusively available to the Fall of the Trident campaign in Age of Mythology. It makes its only appearance in the tenth scenario, Strangers. Charon Ferries can ferry 30 units, more even than an Enclosed Deck upgraded Transport Ship (20 units) and Pirate Ship (24 units). With the same upgrade, the Charon Ferry can transport 60 units, which is by far the highest capacity of any unit or object in the game.
Arkantos, Ajax, and Chiron have been trapped in the Underworld by Gargarensis, and try to force their way out of it. They are assisted in their effort by Shades, and when they reach the River Styx, Charon Ferries. The ferrymen offer to transport their heroes, but also warn them of nearby monsters.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Burning Pitch gives +15% attack and triple damage to buildings.
- Enclosed Deck doubles unit carrying capacity.
- Heroic Fleet (The Titans) increases attack vs myth units by 50%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Their appearance is identical to the Lost Ships summoned by Ancestors.
History[edit | edit source]
Charon is the ferryman of the Greek underworld. For a price - a gold coin - he carries the newly dead across the river Styx to their afterlives in Hades' shadowy realm.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Campaign-exclusive buildings and units in Age of Mythology|
|Age of Mythology|
|Boulder Wall · Cataphract · Charon Ferry · Dwarven Forge · Excavation · Folstag Flag Bearer · Giant Gate Ram · Guardian · Hades Gate · Iron Fence · Jail Wall · Living Poseidon Statue · Naval Shipyard · Osiris Piece Box · Osiris Pyramid · Pirate Ship · Prisoner · Shade · Shipwreck · Shrine · Statue of Lightning · Sword Bearers · Stone Fence · Tamarisk Tree · Taproot · Temple of the Gods · Tent · Thor's Hammer Haft · Thor's Hammer Head · Trojan Horse · Wall of Atlantis · Wall of Troy · Well of Urd · Wooden Fence|
|Automaton Statue · Gaia Pool · Overgrown Temple · Statue of Melagius · Temple of Kronos · Tower of Odin · Summoning Tree|
|Tale of the Dragon|
|Dam · Griffon|