|This article is about the unit type of mounted soldiers. For the unit in Age of Empires, see Cavalry (Age of Empires).|
Age of Empires Edit
- Main article: Cavalry units (Age of Empires)
Age of Empires II Edit
- Main article: Cavalry units (Age of Empires II)
Age of Mythology Edit
- Main article: Cavalry units (Age of Mythology)
Age of Empires III Edit
The cavalry branch in Age of Empires III is divided in melee cavalry and ranged cavalry.
Melee cavalry Edit
All melee cavalry are heavy cavalry on the area of multipliers, but still some cavalry are often called light cavalry, like the Hussar because of their low health compared to heavier units like the Cuirassier. Both light cavalry and heavy cavalry are no different from each other with the exception of their statistics since both can counter artillery and light infantry.
- Main article: Heavy cavalry (Age of Empires III)
Ranged cavalry Edit
Ranged cavalry or light cavalry, like the Dragoon, can quickly respond to enemy cavalry attacks and are generally used in guerilla warfare.
- Main article: Light cavalry