Special Ability Edit
Heals allied units at a range of 20 meters and a rate of 15 HP per second when the unit is idle (Twice as far and twice as fast as Valkyries).
God Bonuses and Upgrades Edit
- Mythic Rejuvenation (Hekate): regenerates 2.0 HP/second.
- Celerity (Hekate): decreases training time by 40%.
- Eyes of Atlas (Atlas): increases LOS by 9.
Caladriae are flying myth units that have no attack but can heal other units. As a flying unit they can only be attacked by ranged units. This makes them an important part of an attacking army, especially if operating far from one's main base. They are the only land (more accurately flying) Atlantean unit with healing capabilities making them crucial in keeping an army in good shape. They make decent scouts due to their ability to fly but have low armor so they are quite vulnerable to ranged units. They are best used in groups. When supporting an army they can heal multiple units and can heal each other when scouting. Their marine counterpart (also gained via Oceanus) is the Servant.
The Titans Edit
- Originally, Caladriae have 5 speed and heal 12 hit points per second with a range of 16. With patch 1.02, they have 6 speed and heal 15 hit points per second with a range of 20.
Scientific name -- Homo asclepii
Size -- Human-sized
Diet -- Omnivore, but mostly herbivorous
Caladriae are flying healers. They make decent scouts but will fall easily to enemy towers and missiles. Making two Caladriae will allow them to heal one another so they can continue healing Atlantean armies.
"...Caladria died and was entombed. Theocrat Osphoru built a temple of healing over her tomb. Many thought his decision blasphemous, but all who suffered and were sick grew strong and hale again under the care of temple's healers. Blessed were the armies accompanied by these followers of Caladria, for they were healed, inspired and protected."
-- Voices of the Oracle, The Lay of Ioleta
- The Caladria was originally going to be a flying archer.
- The Caladria's staff and scientific name are references to Asclepius, the Greek god of healing, who wielded a serpent-entwined staff.
- The Caladria has the highest movement speed of all airborne units in Age of Mythology (not counting the Flying Purple Hippo cheat unit).
- The Caladria is loosely based on Caladrius, white birds able to cure jaundice in Greek/Roman mythology.
|Greeks||Pegasus · Hippocampus|
|Centaur · Minotaur · Cyclops|
|Nemean Lion · Hydra · Scylla · Manticore|
|Colossus · Medusa · Carcinos · Chimera|
|Egyptians||Anubite · Serpent / Sea Snake · Sphinx · Wadjet|
|Petsuchos · Roc · Scarab · Leviathan · Scorpion Man · Minion|
|Phoenix · War Turtle · Avenger · Mummy|
|Troll · Valkyrie · Einherjar|
|Kraken · Mountain Giant · Walking Tree · Frost Giant · Battle Boar|
|Jormund Elver · Fimbulwinter Wolf · Fenris Wolf Brood · Fire Giant · Nidhogg|
|Atlanteans||Automaton · Promethean (Offspring) · Caladria · Servant · Carnivora|
|Nereid · Satyr · Stymphalian Bird · Dryad · Behemoth|
|Heka Gigantes · Man O' War · Argus · Lampades · Tartarian Spawn|
|Chinese||Qilin · Monkey King · Terracotta Warrior|
|War Salamander · Jiangshi · Pixiu|
|Azure Dragon · Dragon Turtle · Vermilion Bird · White Tiger · Earth Dragon|