|This article is about the buildings in Age of Empires III. For buildings in other games of the series, see Building.|
Buildings are important entities in Age of Empires III that provide crucial abilities such as training units, researching technologies, or defending areas. All buildings in Age of Empires III are shown in the following list, sorted by the Age in which they can first be built.
- Bank (Dutch)
- Blockhouse (Russians)
- Castle (Asian civilizations only)
- Community Plaza: (Native American civilizations only) Grants a choice of "ceremonies" which provides special bonuses when Villagers are tasked to this building.
- Consulate (Asian civilizations only)
- Dock: Trains and upgrades ships. Like the Town Center, if a fishing boat is garrisoned, it will have an attack.
- Farm (Native American civilizations only)
- House: Supports 10 population.
- Kancha House (Incas only)
- Livestock Pen: Livestock fatten faster when tasked on a Pen. Trains Sheep.
- Longhouse (Haudenosaunee)
- Manor (British version of the House)
- Market: Upgrades resource gathering, and allows you to trade resources for other resources.
- Mill: An alternative to berry bushes and hunting. An infinite but expensive (400 wood) method of gathering food.
- Mosque (Ottomans)
- Monastery (Asian civilizations only)
- Outpost: A defensive building that shoots at enemies. Can also receive shipments from the Home City.
- Rice Paddy (Asian civilizations only)
- Sacred Field (Indians)
- Shrine (Japanese version of the House)
- Tambo (Incas only)
- Teepee (Lakota)
- Trading Post: Can only be built on a native settlement or trade route. If built on a settlement, you can train native warriors and access their improvements. If built on a Trade Route, it will routinely give exp. and when upgraded, resources.
- Tribal Marketplace (Haudenosaunee and Lakota only)
- Torp (Swedes only)
- Town Center: Starting building for every player. Trains settlers and receives Home City shipments.
- Village (Chinese version of the House)
- Wall: A cheap method to prevent enemies entering an area. Each segment costs 5 wood, and portions can be turned into a gate for 50 wood.
- War Hut (Native American civilizations only)
- Artillery Foundry (Colonial Age for British, Dutch, Ottomans, and Russians)
- Caravanserai (Indians)
- Corral (Haudenosaunee and Lakota only)
- Native Embassy (available once a Trading Post is built on a minor civilization settlement)
- War Academy (Chinese)
- Artillery Foundry (Fortress Age for French, Germans, Portuguese and Spanish)
- Dojo (Japanese)
- Kallanka (Incas only)
- Nobles' Hut (Aztecs)
- Siege Workshop (Haudenosaunee)
- Stronghold (Incas only)
LOS upgrade upon age-up[edit | edit source]
Advancing in age grants a LOS upgrade to buildings :