|This article is about the buildings in Age of Empires III. For buildings in other games of the series, see Building.|
Buildings are important entities in Age of Empires III that provide crucial abilities such as training units, researching technologies, or defending areas. All buildings in Age of Empires III are shown in the following list, sorted by the Age in which they can first be built.
- Community Plaza: Grants a choice of "ceremonies" which provides special bonuses when Villagers are tasked to this building.
- Dock: Trains and upgrades ships. Like the Town Center, if a fishing boat is garrisoned, it will have an attack.
- House: Supports 10 population.
- Hut: Supports 10 population.
- Kancha House
- Livestock Pen: Livestock fatten faster when tasked on a Pen. Trains Sheep.
- Livestock Market: Acts as a Market and Livestock Pen combined. Can fatten livestock as well as sell them.
- Market: Upgrades resource gathering, and allows you to trade resources for other resources.
- Mill: An alternative to berry bushes and hunting. An infinite but expensive (400 wood) method of gathering food.
- Mountain Monastery
- Outpost: A defensive building that shoots at enemies. Can also receive shipments from the Home City.
- Rice Paddy
- Sacred Field
- Trading Post: Can only be built on a native settlement or trade route. If built on a settlement, you can train native warriors and access their improvements. If built on a Trade Route, it will routinely give exp. and when upgraded, resources.
- Tribal Marketplace
- Town Center: Starting building for every player. Trains settlers and receives Home City shipments.
- Wall: A cheap method to prevent enemies entering an area. Each segment costs 5 wood, and portions can be turned into a gate for 50 wood.
- War Hut
- Watch Tower
- Artillery Foundry
- Meeting House
- Native Embassy (available once a Trading Post is built on a minor civilization settlement)
- War Academy
- War Camp
- Artillery Foundry
- Nobles' Hut
- Siege Workshop
- State Capitol
LOS upgrade upon age-up
Advancing in age grants a LOS upgrade to buildings :