The Bronze Age is the third Age in Age of Empires, following the Tool Age and preceding the Iron Age. It is characterized by the increased use of bronze and other metals through the discovery of new smelting techniques upon the discovery of copper ore. This age is also notable for competition between players for natural resources such as gold, introduction of more complex technologies, trade, colonization and beginning of imperial expansion. A more expanded technology tree allows for a wider range of military units and more developed tactics. It also represents the development of a stronger centralized government. To reach this age, 800 food is required.
- Improved Bowman at Archery Range
- Composite Bowman at Archery Range
- Chariot Archer at Archery Range (Prerequisites Wheel)
- Stone Thrower at Siege Workshop
- Short Swordsman at Barracks
- Broad Swordsman at Barracks
- Chariot at Stable (Prerequisites Wheel)
- Cavalry at Stable
- Camel Rider at Stable (Rise of Rome)
- Priest at Temple
- Hoplite at Academy
- Fishing Ship at Dock
- Merchant Ship at Dock
- War Galley at Dock
- Greeks: Advancing to the Bronze Age is faster.
The Bronze Ages are known by historians as a period of time where civilizations become more centralized and urbanized due to a surplus of food through extensive farming. This historical period features use of metal materials which allows new technologies to be developed. The most notable feature to this time period is the development of written languages and the invention of the wheel.
|Ages in Age of Empires|
|Stone Age · Tool Age · Bronze Age · Iron Age|